Author Topic: NJ Boat Ramp Locations  (Read 14272 times)

Offline double3fd

NJ Boat Ramp Locations
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »
hey guys, quick question.  this past summer i have been launching out of the atlantic highlands.  at times the launch area is so freaking busy, i just sit and wait to get to the dock an/or wait to get my boat in the water.  then theres the pressure of  loading/unloading, or docking.  im still learning cause im new to boating and it gets frustrating trying to get the boat between other ones at the dock when its so congested. 

is there any other launches in that general area where its less stressful launching/docking with quick access to sandy hook? 

thanks lou
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:41:18 AM by Hotrod »
-Angry Snapper- "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: NJ Boat Ramp Locations
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »
Hey Lou..  I feel your pain.. I know the feeling.. It's not fun under pressure.. It's been a while since iv'e been subjected to the crowded ramp....  and the people that just come down to watch us make fools out of our selves..

I'm sure someone here can direct you t^
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:41:31 AM by Hotrod »

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:12:32 AM »
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:41:43 AM by Hotrod »
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Ramp Locations
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:36:11 AM »
Leonardo State Marina, Rumson Launch Ramp would be the next closest

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
 whs,,  Also Lentz Marina near the Keansberg Pier. and a few in Keyport if you are fishing the Raritan bay.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline TIEDROPE

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 01:48:41 AM »
I use leonardo about 99%,15 bucks per launch but you still have the same kind of "pressure." Last year was my first year launching a bigger boat off a trailer.I couldn't believe people sit at the ramp with a case a beer and just watch people launch all day long. They never help and its the same people all the time. I liked the atlantic highlands ramp better, really wide, not as steep,leonardo is a little bit of a pain in low tide but over at AH a pass for the season is 400+ at leonardo its 150. Haven't seen the rumson ramp that might be worth a shot.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media

Offline DJ76

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
not sure why but it was going to cost me 20 to launch or 170 for season pass at leonardo. I'm a jersey resident. I opted for the season pass.  FYI, the season pass is with the state of NJ since leonardo is public AND the sticker you receive for your trailer is good at other state marinas as well.  For me I can use on the delaware ramps and up in lake hopatcong.

I prefer leonardo over atlantic highlands.  Main reason...season pass cost it was at least 100 bucks cheaper for the season.  another major reason is (I feel) you don't have the pressure to get in and get out at leonardo.  also, I hated having to wait for the "shuttle" over at highlands just to park your car. Pain in butt if you ask me.  You park well within 50 yds of the ramp at leonardo.

Downside of leonardo...low tide can be a pain in the arse. however for me not a big deal for my boat at all.  ramp can only accomadate two vehicles at a time.  the docks can only handle one boat on each side of the ramp.  Therefore, you may have to wait a few minutes to get an opening at the ramp either pulling in or out...but the same can be said of atlantic highlands. In fact i had worse waiting times over there than at anytime at leonardo.

just realized the original post was from 2009...guess i will leave my post up for a more "recent" review.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:12:28 PM by DJ76 »
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »
 ;D t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-