Author Topic: Tuckerton this year  (Read 9479 times)

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
Re: Tuckerton this year
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 09:02:15 PM »
I'm down in Tuckerton.  Fishing is good down there - greenheads are bad. We'll have to hook up some time.  Capt. Ron is another good guy to talk with about Tuckerton/great bay

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 09:12:20 PM »
Just happened to come across this picture, good luck... :P
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 09:40:01 PM »
 rofla Nice Pic Paul.  Yes  Some good fishing if you know where to go.. most of the locations are public knowledge.  The LE Reef is a cool 4 mile shot right out the inlet.. then you have a nice shot at Garden State South...and the red tower.

LE Inlet and grassy Channel in the bay  just to name a few.  always a place to fish if the outside is snotty.

Great Bay Junky, Capt Ron and Capt Mike.. just to name a few.. have this area pretty well worked out t^

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:48 PM »
Welcome to your new fishing waters bassnblues. In the Spring AND EARLY SUMMER we do HAVE the NO-SEE UMS DOWN HERE, BELIEVE ME. 2 years ago we decided it was time to make Mystic Island our full time residence. I've learned alot about there way of fishing down here [ I grew up fishing Sandy Hook, Raritan Bay ] but could stand to learn a bunch more. I did however learn alot about the waterways. When your down here, give me a shout. I'd be more than willing to show you around if it helps ya out.  Where are you keeping your boat?  Capt.Matt

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
Welcome to your new fishing waters bassnblues. In the Spring AND EARLY SUMMER we do HAVE the NO-SEE UMS DOWN HERE, BELIEVE ME. 2 years ago we decided it was time to make Mystic Island our full time residence. I've learned alot about there way of fishing down here [ I grew up fishing Sandy Hook, Raritan Bay ] but could stand to learn a bunch more. I did however learn alot about the waterways. When your down here, give me a shout. I'd be more than willing to show you around if it helps ya out.  Where are you keeping your boat?  Capt.Matt
Very Cool Capt Matt t^

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
Thanks a lot Capt Matt. I'll definitly give you a shout.

I'll be at Tuckerton Marine Services on Green St. I figure I'll be putting it in the water around mid April.

I'm very much looking forward to the change of scenery and learning a new area.

Here's the first question...I hear a lot about fishing Gravelling Point from shore. Is it possible to get to that area by boat or is it too shallow?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:35:19 AM by bassnblues »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-