Author Topic: First striper of the season!! :D  (Read 11850 times)

Offline Beach Pounder

• Full Member of the Den
Re: First striper of the season!! :D
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »
I managed to nail 2 keeper bass late last night West of the light house... 1st fish approx 32" 2nd fish 37"... Both fish hit plugs, last hr of the incoming.... Its been a very long time coming for me...... Only weighed fish # 2, just under 16lbs.... Fish sat on the bank for a few hrs so it lost a pound or two... I'll be back at it again tonight ;D..............

Offline striperboi890

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »
kewl!!! if any of you read The Fisherman it said that some stripers were hanging out on oytser creek (OC)
Andrew

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »
 t^ Great to hear some action started.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
If you are going to try the power plant it has been elbow to elbow I hear.  Good luck with that.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
 chrz chrz t^ t^ chrz chrz  You always remember your first!  >:D  t^ t^  chrz chrz <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline fishslayer10

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 10:26:16 PM »
 ;D

Offline Beach Pounder

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 01:39:46 AM »
Ok, Im just getting in from my recent fishing outing in the back bay caught the skunk.. Anyway, while fishing I met a few folks trying to duplicate what I did on the night of the 13th. Couple of guys said that they heard about my catch, and gave me Kudos.... But, this one guy basically said that I burned the spot just by posting a pic and stating that my reporting the possible water temp did the same..... What Im asking is how many of you on this site feel the same? Did I burn the spot? Honestly I dont think that I did because you guys would of dished out a A$$ wupping in my post. I dont want to burn any spots, so Im thinking that I just may stop posting fishing reports. I'll post photoshopped pics and just leave the rest to everyones imagination..... Those that I've become friends with on this message board will get reports via private emails. Sorry guys Im friggin pissed..........

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 06:02:22 AM »
Ok, Im just getting in from my recent fishing outing in the back bay caught the skunk.. Anyway, while fishing I met a few folks trying to duplicate what I did on the night of the 13th. Couple of guys said that they heard about my catch, and gave me Kudos.... But, this one guy basically said that I burned the spot just by posting a pic and stating that my reporting the possible water temp did the same..... What Im asking is how many of you on this site feel the same? Did I burn the spot? Honestly I dont think that I did because you guys would of dished out a A$$ wupping in my post. I dont want to burn any spots, so Im thinking that I just may stop posting fishing reports. I'll post photoshopped pics and just leave the rest to everyones imagination..... Those that I've become friends with on this message board will get reports via private emails. Sorry guys Im friggin pissed..........

Are you sure you're posting this on the right board?  As of today you have 10 posts, none of which contain a pic or any mention of water temp other than (warm).  If you're referring to Oyster Creek, that is not really a secret.  And if it ever was, the article printed in the Fisherman a couple of weeks ago would have certainly put an end to that.

Relax.  Nobody here will give you an "A$$ wupping" about posting an honest report.  That's not the way we roll! ;D

Offline Beach Pounder

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 07:12:44 AM »

Are you sure you're posting this on the right board?  As of today you have 10 posts, none of which contain a pic or any mention of water temp other than (warm).  If you're referring to Oyster Creek, that is not really a secret.  And if it ever was, the article printed in the Fisherman a couple of weeks ago would have certainly put an end to that.

Relax.  Nobody here will give you an "A$$ wupping" about posting an honest report.  That's not the way we roll! ;D
Thanks Im glad to know that this site doesnt roll that way.... I'll post a pic later on, I have to figure out how to do it though.... Im a member of a few sites, I dont know which site the guy was complaining about so I posted on all of them....

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »
your okay here.  Like Bucktail said we do not jump all over anyone that posts an honest report.  It is easy to put a picture into your posts just click on additional options below the reply window and click on the browse button find where your picture is and click to OK the picture and your done.  I hope this helps.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »
 whs

Keep posting away here ;D!  Pics of your catch with a map of where you caught it is completely fine.  There isn't too many places from shore that are a "SECRET!" :-X  Of course, everyone has a special place they like to fish.  If you don't mind spot burning, you won't here anyone here complain.  Honest reports with factual information make fishing easier for everyone here.  Believe me, I have posted locations of where I have fished and the next day, there weren't 1000 people there competing for my spot.  Where I fish, isn't a secret anyway.  Actually, people on this site, have called me on my cell while they were fishing, to tell me they were into fish.  Others will show or tell you right where to fish certain structures!

These people who take their fishing spots too seriously and who guard it like Fort Knox are  nts nts.

TT^

Offline fryedbeans

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 06:11:09 PM »
amen!

Offline AKscuba713

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 12:49:19 AM »
Jeez I left this alone.... whoops ???

It was Ocean city, corson's inlet to be exact.

Forgot to mention last week had us one OCEAN short and one resident short in Barnegat bay on bloods..... They're starting to come up. Fish will be feeding on the bottom til the temps come up...
Young and love fishing...

Willing to do weekend work on a boat spring/summer 09 fishing season... have references!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-