Author Topic: Surfs Up...  (Read 1795 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Surfs Up...
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:44:32 PM »
Okay the weather will be gorgeous tomorrow and there will be a ton of guys out getting their boats ready to put in.  But us surf pounders will be ready to rock and roll.  I heard from Betty & Nicks that there are fish being caught around 11th Ave in SSP.  So if they are there they will be in all the right places tomorrow.  Low tide will be at 9 AM so it is ideal for those of you that hate to get up early.  Hit the incoming with some nice fresh clams and be ready for the catching to begin.

You will have to be patient though it is still early in the season.  My choice would still be to use smaller hooks in the 2/0 to 3/0 range and smaller cut clams.  If you know how to tie hi lo rigs you are all set as that is what I would recommend.  If you can't get a good hi lo rig go to the old standby a fish finder rig.  You will have to sling a heavier weight in the morning but as the day go by the waters should calm down nicely.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-