Author Topic: Raritan Bay Stripers 4/28  (Read 2696 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Raritan Bay Stripers 4/28
« on: April 28, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »
Had one of my fishing partners from last year,John out for the first time this year,John hasn't been able to get out,just over 5 weeks ago,his 40 year old son John,had his kids out for some recreational riding on an ATV,while off on his own, he took a spill and suffered a severe head trauma injury and hasn't regained conciousness yet,John has been spending all of his time back and forth to the Morristown Hospital trauma center with his family.Joe (Irish Ayes) and Bucktail Bob,you met him at the Somerset Fishing show,he was with me.we started out early this morning,but do to poor planninng on my part,we scrambled to get fresh clams,finally ended up with 5 dozen,got out and fishing Keyport flats by 8,wind was blowing and a good chop on the bay,anchored up,set our lines and started chumming,wasn't to long before John had one on,fought it for a while and then lost it,we hung here for a while and that was it,pulled up and moved a little further out into about 19 ft of water.we set up here and was marking some,John got another one on that was landed,while measuring it on a mark on the deck in the bow,a wave crashes over the bow on my back and drenches me,bass measured just shy of the 28 inch mark and was released.made a couple more moves in the area,a skate and a spider crab were caught and that was it.original plan was to try here and then hit the 19 can area and Old Orchard area,but blowing and kicking up to much at times,so just hung back here.headed in around 1:30,good to get John out and get his mind off things and he did get a little action.   Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Raritan Bay Stripers 4/28
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:08:46 PM »
Good catch!  Nice you were able to get your friend out for a little while.

T&P to his son!

TT^

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »
Kez, Nice report. Please tell your friend John we will KEEP praying.AJ

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:37:55 PM »
nice catch
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »
just got back from John's,dropped him copy of my report and picture of him with fish,found out a web page was created to help the family,this is it.http://www.alljohnsfriends.com/   Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Online kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:21:37 PM »
Kezsr, nice job getting John out for a day...been reading your posts for some time and know your a stand-up guy. I wish every njsaltwaterfisherman would read your post, take a look at www.alljohnsfriends.com, cancel their next fishing trip and send the money they would have spent to John's family.  Gas, bait,food,beer,soda....add it up fellas...somewhere between 60 and 500...depending on your ride and appetite. This family needs help! Stay home and do some yard work...or play with your kids! My donations in the mail. Good lookin out Kez.
Freedom 3

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »
thanks kpcoe t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 10:57:25 PM »
Good guy, Kez!
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
Hey Kez, 

Sounds like you treated your friend to a day he really needed with all that he's got going on right now. And, you got to do some catching too.  TT^

In any case, any friend of yours is a friend of mine.  I will send a check out tomorrow.

I wish his son the best of luck on his road to recovery. t^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 12:04:50 AM »
thanks Bob t^    Kez

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 12:05:53 AM »
My prayers go out to John and his family. I hope the fish could at least bring a sliver of a smile , even for just a few moments, to help him deal with these difficult times. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »
My prayers go out to John and his family. I hope the fish could at least bring a sliver of a smile , even for just a few moments, to help him deal with these difficult times. <'((((><
only day since his sons been in hospital he didn't go up,but his wife said he needed a break just to get his mind off it,I'm sure it still bothered him while we were out there,I just wished we had a little more action to keep him busy.    Kez
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 12:20:33 AM by kezsr »

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 12:27:52 AM »
Great job Kez, very nice thing you did  TT^

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »
Kez, I forwarded a check today to" All Johns Friends Fund" (on the site you posted). 
Talk to you on the water.

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »
thanks AJ t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-