Author Topic: del bay drum fishing Help  (Read 7883 times)

Offline urulie

del bay drum fishing Help
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
Im a jackson boy looking to do some del bay drum fishing this spring. Im looking for any info I can get especially which marina i should launch my 23 mako that is closest to the fishing grounds.  Everything that I have read so for says to head to the slough and use lots of clams.  I would appreciate any help I can get.     
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:21:35 PM by urulie »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: del bay drum fishing Help
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »
Welcome grtn

I don't have any first hand experience.  Check out this NJ Angler link and watch the show they did.  It was pretty informative.  I am sure others who have more experience will chime in with great info.
http://wms18.streamhoster.com/njangler/NEWMOONDRUMMINMARCHEDIT.wmv

TT^
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:44:24 PM by Hotrod »

Offline urulie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
Thanks for the info the vid was pretty informative 

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:46:17 PM »
I plan on hauling my boat down to Cape May in May & June for some over night drum action if the weather holds out and everyone I know stops planning events for every freak'in weekend in May & June! rgmn rgmn rgmn   <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline urulie

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:20:44 PM »
What, u dont want to go to another communion... or some other pre summer party. Maybe I'll see u out there.   

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »
Maybe we could go together, tow, launch, anchor & fish. In unfamiluar waters it is not a bad idea to have a companion boat.  The crossing to Delaware waters, AKA "The Dark Side", is about 13 miles from the canal. You do need a Delaware Fishing License when you are fishing in their waters.  Do you plan on staying overnight? That is my plan.  <'((((><

Offline urulie

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 04:35:49 PM »
I'm defiantly going to stay. my play was to fish for two days leaving the boat in a trans slip at a local marina between days.  Having another boat close by is always a better bet. Is the pin top considered Del waters? I saw a video and thats where they were fishing. I have yet to go down there so I guess I will keep looking at the reports as to where they are catching them.  I will be taking my 10 year old son with me so i will really be trying my best to make it a successful trip.   

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »
According to my chart, the Pin Top area appears to be in Delaware waters. My plan was to launch in the afternoon, stay on the water all night, and pull the boat home in the morning. Next Friday,Saturday,Sunday, if I can work it out and the weather is favorable. I will obtain a Delaware License because I will venture into their waters,numerous times over the season.  <'((((><

Offline urulie

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »
I was also thinking either next weekend or the weekend of the 23rd.  I wasn't sure if i was going to fish day or night.  When I first thought to go I was only thinking of night fishing but I see that they can be boated in daylight hours as well and because I will have my son along I was leaning towards daylight fishing.  I will read more reports this week and decide by mid week what I'm going to do.  Thanks for the info on the licence I'll have to get one. 

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 09:09:50 PM »
You can purchase & print indivaual licences on line, or get a licence to cover everyone on the boat, which takes 3 weeks to process and receive if you do it on line. You can go to DE and get it on the spot. I understand staying overnight on the water with a child could be tough. Yes they catch them during the day too, but I figure the overnight fleet will be smaller, there by increaseing my chances of breaking the world record. ;D  <'((((>< 

Offline urulie

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
Well, keep me informed as to when u r going. Maybe we will travel together. If Del is like NJ I wont need a licence for my son @ 10 he is under licence age so I can get mine on line. Thanks again

Offline urulie

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »
Hey fishin dude, I'm leaning towards this weekend.  If the weather clears I might do the over night trip. I'm really not looking to spend the money for the 2 day thing right now.  Hope my boy is ready for an all nighter.  it will be his first but I think he can handle it. He has spent long hours out there during the day and there has to be a first time.  Keep me informed if u will be going. by the way Rob is my name     

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
Rob, I'll keep you updated, as of now, the weather is iffy. If not this weekend, next. We won't have as much water movement as at full moon, but it will still be moving , and the fish are there waiting to be caught.

twoforhooking your welcome to join us out there. <'((((><   
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:20:46 PM by Fishin Dude »

Offline urulie

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:42 AM »
Hey fishin dude looks good for sun during the day.  If the forcast doesn't change ill be headed down there early sunday morning.  U suggest any ramp I should use.  Let me know if your interested in the day trip.  I know it will be crowded but I need to fish.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »
Rob, sent PM. <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-