Author Topic: Sea Hawk bass 05/06 remote report  (Read 3021 times)

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Sea Hawk bass 05/06 remote report
« on: May 06, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »
Heard from Capt Mike of the Sea Hawk that they are still out fishing but already had a good day of catching bass.  Limits onboard. Good action early on and then slowed up around 10:30am.  Headed to the back and picked away at more shorts, some keepers and of course some bluefish. slt
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Sea Hawk bass 05/06 remote report
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
And it has only just begun.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
The fun has begun  rofla
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »
Just heard they're doing the C&R thing now.  Biggest bass so far today was 18lbs. TT^

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline mgm

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
I made the trip this morning with a total of 8 anglers....Capt. Mike made a bee line to the Romer bar, where we set up near the Fisherman and  another non sponsor PB.

Had the outgoing bite for a good couple of hours and moved to the back bay when that died.

Overall great day.....my fishing buddy Duke, had the pool with a nice fish (never heard anyone say they had a "bad fish" when it was a striper ;D).....I had 3 keepers with a runner up for the pool...lost another nice one at the boat side, plus a few shorts....all total,11 keepers for the boat,....nice day on the Seahawk clamming for the linesiders.....only 2 blues the entire day for the boat, both bite offs near the boat.

Capt Mike worked hard to keep us on the fish today....good group on board today.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:09:49 PM by mgm »
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »
I hope the bite holds up my father is going out on the Sea Hawk tomorrow. He is now 82 and still loves to fish I hope he has a great day. I wish I could go but work is busy right now and I just got back for vacation. Good luck to all.

NJDEVIL  >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
 t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 08:19:27 PM »
 TT^ TT^

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:55:50 PM »
 TT^   chrz

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 06:59:44 AM »
Just got a call from dad he is on the Sea Hawk and he is ready to go. I hope he has a great day and catches some fish for some cajan striper burgers. If the weather is good next week and work is not so busy I might need to take a sick day and go with him.

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 07:16:09 AM »
Just got a call from dad he is on the Sea Hawk and he is ready to go. I hope he has a great day and catches some fish for some cajan striper burgers. If the weather is good next week and work is not so busy I might need to take a sick day and go with him.

Sounds good!   Cajun Striper burgers??  When are you going to post that recipe?? t^ t^

Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 07:22:21 AM »
I have not heard from Capt Joe G yet as soon as I do with his permission I will post the recipe. Hope I hear from him soon.

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
They did pretty good last night as well. Started out slow but got a good bite towards the end of the trip.  Believe 10 keeper bass for 8 guys as well as 15 bluefish and atleast 30 short bass returned.

If you're looking to head out in the afternoon, worth a stop as they are usually sailing with a very light crowd and catching! chrz

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-