Author Topic: Your Friday, May 22, 2009 Party Boat Angler Fishing Report  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Great American Fisherman

Fished on the The Angler out of Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey today, Friday, May 22, 2009.

First let me say, Captain George, his mates Brian and John and Cook Bob are top notch.  Some of the best in the business.  They truly understand awesome customer service.  I have fished on the Angler many times and win, lose or draw I have enjoyed every single trip because of Captain George and Brian.  Did I say, win lose or draw?  Well, for me.......  Today was a win!!!!

I caught five blackfish, 3 would have been keepers and all were tossed back in the drink.  One of the blackfish I caught was really nice, but back in the drink.  I also had two sea bass, one was a keeper and a nice one over two pounds.  And I had 15 Ling!!!  It was a fun day, a few more regulars on board besides me.  And a great weather and seas day. 

Everyone had fish to take home.  The pool winner was a 20 pound Monk Fish!  Yes, a monk fish.  There were winter flounder caught (all tossed back in the drink), Fluke were caught (all tossed back into the drink) a whole lot of blackfish besides the 5 I caught (all tossed back into the drink) Skates were caught (thank the Lord not by me).  I lost 3 rigs and 5 sinkers. 

The J2 and the Bandit steamed by.  A real nice day on the water and fish were caught.  A very good day.

Some pictures are below.

Be good!

Some pictures are below
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:11:52 PM by Great American Fisherman »

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
Re: Your Friday, May 22, 2009 Party Boat Angler Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:43:52 PM »
Good for You, nice day all around.  t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 07:43:25 PM »
Nice catch and report Jim. Sounds like you had a blast out there today.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 08:42:37 PM »
 t^

Offline njfisherman1975

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:49:15 PM »
Probably my new favorite boat to be on.  Glad to hear the ling are still around.  I know Captain George said he would be going every Friday when the season starts tomorrow...so, thinking about going next Friday if I can get off.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-