Author Topic: Sea Hawk memorial weekend so far...  (Read 1420 times)

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Sea Hawk memorial weekend so far...
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:04:03 PM »
Sailed with the Sea Hawk Saturday with high expectations. Somebody turned the fan on high and left the fridge open as it was cold and breezey. cfzd Saw some familiar faces, met some new ones and had a good time overall. Saw TnT out there as well as some other on the various party boats. A few were railed and the smaller boats all about made the Hook look like a parking lot.

Tried bucktailing. 1oz held for short while during certain parts of the drift. Switched to 3oz and managed some shorts and a solo keeper. Nothing special, big enough to keep without having to measure it. Even tried bouncing bait. No improvement overall so went back to bucktailing. Shorts, sea robins ruled the day.
T tried hard with everything from bucktailing to bait dragging. She caught fish, just none good enough to keep. As elsewhere, slow all around. High hook was a young lad that managed two nice keepers. Another couple managed a keeper each and took the pool. Few others managed keepers and even a bluefish or two.

They had a charter on the turnaround and heard it started off with some action with the fluke. Some keepers over the rail and then the trip wanted to bass/bluefish. Slow pick at best for that.

This morning they had better action overall and some keepers to boot. Top fish went 6lbs.

For the Magic Hours trip Capt Mike tried some drifts closer to their port and had pretty good fishing. High hook put 4 keepers over the rail and the pool fish went 5lbs. Captain was happy with the action and his recap convinced me to give it a try again tomorrow morning t^
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Sea Hawk memorial weekend so far...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:14:42 PM »
great report Mike t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:44:43 AM »
Good try and nice report!

TT^

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 11:30:17 AM »
Went back out Monday and first drift in the back looked quite promising.  Some fluke coming up, nice sized keepers.  I manage a couple of blues, sea robins and short fluke...then bucktail up a nice 6.5# weakie.  Thought it would get better but the weakie was my kiss of death.  Short fluke and searobins for me for the rest of the day.

T did manage a keeper fluke on her new rod as well as a few blues and loads of searobins and shorts.

BBQ at my house after fishing and dragging arse today.   thud
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
sounds good,plenty of action t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
weakie
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-