Author Topic: Fishguts Barnegat Bay report 6/1  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts Barnegat Bay report 6/1
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:36:13 PM »
Hello all,feels good to be surrounded by such fine company on this site and finally having some fishing reports to post slt  Today I headed out solo to check out a few spots in the bay. The reports of blues on the flats had been pretty slim. I managed to find a nice showing of quality blues close to home(Seaside) in some real shallow water. Watching fish to 5lbs crash bait and plugs in a little over 2 feet of water is awesome. I boxed six and released a few more then poked around looking for fluke. The slime grass was still a problem in many areas.Mangaged a nice 20incher and a few shorts around Oyster Creek.Called it day by 11am before the wind came on. An OK start and looking for it only to get better. Once again it does feel good to finally be a part of such a fine site slt
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:12:54 PM by Capt. Birch »

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Fishguts Barnegat Bay report
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:40:31 PM »
Welcome to the site Captain!  Looking forward to more Barnegat Bay reports from you this season.   t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Fishguts Barnegat Bay report 6/1
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
Great first post Capt Birch..  I will say Capt Birch knows his Barnegat Bay. I also look forward to his reports.

And for you guys looking to do some easy inshore and bay action.. his prices are something to look at t^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:28:52 PM »
welcome to the site Capt Birch,a great first report and pics t^  great action with those blues and 20 incher fluke.    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline urulie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:08:01 PM »
welcome abord  t^

Offline twoforhooking

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 09:35:19 PM »
Nice,  I was down there all last week.  Only a couple of nice big blues on the troll.  Slime weed was pretty thick.  Heard lots of action on the radio w/ stripers outside the inlet.  Only ventured outside once, no luck.  Great time with the family t^.  Good luck in the future chrz.  Warmer weather will bring the flat ones slt
"Jon"

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:53:45 PM »
Welcome Aboard Capt. Birch,

Nice to have you join our merry band.  I also have been enjoying our bay for many more years than I like to remember.  I enjoy fishing the flats behind IBSP and some other places that not many know about.  I spent many years exploring the ins and outs of Silver Bay and mosquito cove as a teenager.  The old boat house is no longer there but the blue berry bushes along the banks inside Cattus Island Park are great for a tasty desert.

Well enough I have a tendency to ramble sorry for that.

Again Welcome Aboard... slt

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 11:10:51 PM »
Nice report and pics,  Thanks capt. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-