Author Topic: 1/2 day Raritan Bay 6/2  (Read 3306 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
1/2 day Raritan Bay 6/2
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:09:16 PM »
got out for 1/2 day of fishing early this morning with friend Hon,she met me at the Sayreville ramp around 5:30,out fishing on the flats by 6 trying for the striped ones with bait left from yesterdays trip,had some fresh clams and bunker,gave it a shot until 7:30 only having one run off, gave it up to try for the flatties.we only had some squid,blue fish strips,and some sea robin strips,were able to have a small pick of shorts in the back channels and we also got caught in a quick shower that came through.I lost a nice fish for a reason that has happened to me before and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this,I had a rig hang up on bottom and tightened my drag all the way to break it off,which I did and retied a new rig but never reset my drag,realized it when the fish popped off  :'( kicked myself a few times and continued fishing.back in by noon,still great to get out,the morning went by fast with the action we had.the bigger fish will be there,we'll get em next time.    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Spearfish

Re: 1/2 day Raritan Bay 6/2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:37:11 PM »
Good trip.  I fish a lot of the same areas you do.  I'll look for you when I'm out.  What kind of boat do you have?  I have a white 22' Sea Pro WA.
Good Luck

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
Great report and nice try for the keeps!

We have all made mistakes like that and lose a fish here and there....certainly makes you remember the next few times.

TT^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:35 PM »
Good trip.  I fish a lot of the same areas you do.  I'll look for you when I'm out.  What kind of boat do you have?  I have a white 22' Sea Pro WA.
Good Luck
1982 19 ft CC Alcar Fisherman,with 2000 Johnson 90hp Ocean Runner.I'll look for you,out mostly during the week,fish mostly the back bay and channels the early part of the fluke season. t^ Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
nice report as usual Kez. chrz
Freedom 3

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:46:01 PM »
Nice day out Kezsr. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 02:36:56 AM »
 t^

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »
good day kez and good suggestion too

i am constantly reminding my crew to check thier drags  5hrug

make it a habit

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 09:53:15 AM »
Fine report as usual Kez  t^ You've had a pretty full season so far, I'm sure you stink up the fishbox next time.. Keep an eye out for Fluka on Friday.. If all goes well, we should be coming down the river and across the bay by mid morning.. Finally!!..If not, check the papers for the murder of a north jersey boat dealer  hhppy  looking forward to seeing you out there  chrz

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 12:22:27 PM »
nice going kez  t^
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »
Fine report as usual Kez  t^ You've had a pretty full season so far, I'm sure you stink up the fishbox next time.. Keep an eye out for Fluka on Friday.. If all goes well, we should be coming down the river and across the bay by mid morning.. Finally!!..If not, check the papers for the murder of a north jersey boat dealer  hhppy  looking forward to seeing you out there  chrz

Oh no Mark sounds like someone might be sleeping with the fishes  chrz
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »
hope to see you coming across the bay friday,was going out depending on the weather.rather see you than read about a murdered boat dealer ;D    Kez

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 07:33:40 PM »
Yes Kez, The drag has come back to bite many a fisherman in the arse once in while.Catch em up.

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »
 t^
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-