Author Topic: July 4th Open Boat - 3 Spots remaining  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Captain Dave Wittenborn

• Sponsor
    • Capt Daves Charters
July 4th Open Boat - 3 Spots remaining
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »
I have three spots remaining for the open boat on Saturday, July 4.  We are going to fish the wreck areas for some Fluke and sea bass and possibly head to the Barnegat Ridge for some blues if I get some good reports.  Call me at 609 577-2797 to reserve your spot and talk about the trip.

Nothing like having April weather in June.  Fluking remains to be mostly a bay fishing event where we are having to pick through the shorts to put a few keepers in the box.  The ratio seems to be around 20 shorts to 1 keeper.  It is still a lot of fun and a very pleasant way to spend the day.

The weakfish are around but you must put in some serious time.  The mouths of the rivers in the Great Bay and Little Egg Harbor are the usual hot spots.  Schedder crabs, blood worms and grass shrimp are the bait of choice.  You will need to stay away from the boating traffic in order to have have some success.  All of this rain has changed the chemistry of the bay so we will need some quiet weather before I start targeting this beauties.

The stripers are also around but they have not really broken out into the spring run that we are used to seeing.  Once the bunker really start migrating to our area in large masses this fishery will most definitely explode.  Remember, the water temps were still hovering in the upper 40's just two weeks ago.  There have been some really large cows caught in the Brigantine area.  These trophies were caught on bunker chunks in the white water of the Wreck Inlet. 

The most reliable fishery right now appears to be deep water wreck fishing.  The inshore wrecks are producing large quantities of bass but they are just bearly making into the keeper category.  To have real sucess, the deep water wrecks, which haven't been picked over, are producing the Jumbos in the 4-5 pund range.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-