Author Topic: NJDEVIL Sunday Fluking  (Read 1446 times)

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
NJDEVIL Sunday Fluking
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »
Got the NJDEVIL back from repairs on Sat. and was out fishing on Sun. She is running great, fished in front of the Clamhut and the seastreak with Doormat Dan and Dad. Weather was crappy no rain, but foggy and no sun. Catch for the day was

Doormat Dan - 2 Sea robins
Dad - 2 Sea robins, 2 short fluke
Me - 1 Skunk

Got a depth finder question hope you guys can help. The depth finder is reading to deep, gave a reading of 35ft in front of the clamhut, I know that is not correct. It is a Hummingbird, B.A.S.S. Tour Series. It was on the boat when I bought it last year,  any suggestion?

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Re: NJDEVIL Sunday Fluking
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:25:11 AM »
good try t^  as for the ff,the old one I took off my boat was a hummmingbird and I would get false readings also,part of my problem was hit something in the water and broke the transducer bracket and was not able to replace it and mounted transducer with a screw thru remaining part of bracket and transducer not sitting below transom like it should and also after taking off to put on new unit found one of the wires in the transducer severed,I'd take a close look at the transducer,is it positioned correctly,only my opinion from my experience with mine. 5hrug  Kez
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:28:15 AM by kezsr »
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 11:34:47 AM »
Kez prolly has it- txdcr could be pointing sideways, needs to be up/down. Sometimes I get a double bounce on my Garmin, reads 2X the real depth, maybe that's what's up.

Check the manual, many FF's are tunable-- but make sure the txdcr is right before attempting to adjust the gain and sensitivity.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »
Nice catch and nice to get your boat back in the water.

TT^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »
Had a problem with the one that came on the boat I just got. Found that it was adjusted to -6.5 on the setup screen. I have never seen that adjustment before. Reset it to 0 and now its working fine. Might want to check if you have a setting like that
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »
Also download the manuel off the Humminbird websight. You should be able to reset it to factory settings and start over.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-