Author Topic: Bunker location??  (Read 882 times)

Offline striper sniper

• Semper Fi
Bunker location??
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:38:54 PM »
I would think that since we all post our reports good or bad-why not take it a step further in an attempt to help each other out and report where the schools of bunker are/have been sited on a more "real-time" basis.

Maybe a thread dedicated to their location so that as we head out we have a better idea where to target.  It may save some fuel and put more fish in the box! 

In speaking with other Captain's at the docks, sometimes I get the idea that people shy away from this.  My belief is "the rising tide lifts all ships" meaning that better fishing success benefits all in an area, not just the captain that got on fish that day.  Maybe next time out you will be the one who benefits....

Just my two cents-

Dave

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Bunker location??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:33:51 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but the bunker that are close to the shore line move quickly and often so I don't think the reports here will be of much use.  The thing I would do is listen to the fleet on the marine radio.  Most are on 68 69 71 or 78A so bounce back and forth from these channels and you should be able to tell where the bait is.

It helps me a lot even for surf fishing.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:06:52 PM »
Yea Dave..  they are always on the move.. this is where the " on Water Contact Info helps"  Captains are always networking out there.. when you go on a trip . post it up in float plans and leave your contact info..

Offline striper sniper

• Semper Fi
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »
Ok. Will do. 

Thanks

Dave

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-