Author Topic: 6/14-6/16 recap  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
6/14-6/16 recap
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
well its been a long three days for us....i think i have had maybe 9 hours of sleep since sat night and wind burn on my face i think!!!!!!!
after going to the boat to see how i could wiggle out of my slip because of the barge they stuck in front of me to dredge a sand bar in the cut of my marina,i notice the rpms bouncing more than usual and choking out. removed the carb to find water rolling into the lines! uh-oh!!!!!! carb cleaner, new water seperators and WATER REMOVER (E-ZORB) NOT THAT STAR TRON CRAP...and a full tank of gas from a different marina took care of that little problem!
SUNDAY....open boat trip for fluke....all day....shoulda stayed in bed...hit all the likely spots in R.B. and just like most....tons of shorts!!!!!!!
MONDAY....another open boat with some better results....started at 5:30 and had the bay to myself till around 10 am.....plenty of action with fluke in the back bay and took home a #3 and #3.5 being the 2 largest fish
MONDAY NIGHT ....Left dock at 8 pm and made a nice run outside.....came around the hook doing about 24kts and went from charter boat captain to cigarette boat racer instantly hitting the 4-5ft leftover swells from the east blow all day! Holy $#!@ !!!!! slowed down immediately and continued out with both props in the water this time! fished from 9 pm to 2 am on some nasty stuff out to the east....bite was good, but the guys rolled alot of fish....still came home with 5 in the box to 15 lbs...back at dock at 3 am, cleaned her up and slept an hour.
Tuesday...a.m. charter for a family celebrating their sons 7th birthday...wind still comin from east so kept them inside the officers row....had a wonderful trip with fish all day long and the birthday boy and his 9 yr old sister were so happy!!! those types of trips make up for all the bad ones we come across....was their first fishing trip and i am honored they chose to go with my boat! the smiles were ear to ear all day and i gave robert jr a surprise birthday cake i hid in the cooler until the end of the trip!
im going to bed now!
p.s. why the heck am i wearing sweatshirts in mid june for 3 days in a row? someone needs to call mother nature and ask her why she is a month behind where she should be!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
Re: 6/14-6/16 recap
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 06:40:50 PM »
Capt Carl, You have been hitting it hard of late, so well deserved rest and sleep.(for a few hours).Glad the fuel situation cleaned up;I was thinking how the hell these guys going to get in and out of the slip with that barge in the way especially with these stiff winds.
You made the little guys happy and caught some nice fish.
Way to Go Capt Carl.
Talk to you out there.AJ.   chrz

Offline Capt. Carl

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:44:32 PM »
I was thinking how the hell these guys going to get in and out of the slip with that barge in the way especially with these stiff winds.

Skills Aj....Pure skills!!!!! they sure do have me packed in there tho dont they? lol!!!!!!!!!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:06:21 PM »
How long do you think the barge will be there?

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »
Capt Carl nice catch up report,great catching with the kids today    t^   I know what you mean about the conditions out today also,stayed pretty much in the back,tried to make a run up in the afternoon  but waves breaking over the bow of my open 19 footer.didn't want to crawl out so hung back.thought I was fishing in October or November.conditions were not the greatest,caught fish today but wern't able to put any in the box like you.hopefully sunny days will be here soon.   slt  Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Capt. Carl

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
fred said probably two weeks.....i'm thinking he is full of crap....im thinking 3 weeks minimum
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »
Go to bed Carl.. rofla chrz chrz chrz
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:37:05 PM by Hunter 2 »
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Capt. Carl

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »
hopefully sunny days will be here soon.   slt  Kez
they are callin for east and north east for the rest of the week....wtf is this all about? never saw this much east wind except in oct/nov
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Capt. Carl

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »
Go to bed Carl.. rofla chrz chrz chrz
not a bad idea eddie... thud
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »
Great report Capt Carl t^  ;D

Offline mass baster

• Fish
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 08:49:21 PM »
Good work Capt

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
Nice report and great catching for the young ones.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »
Great job Capt and nice report!  Always nice to see the kids catching and smiling.  Get some rest...

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-