Author Topic: Off Belmar  (Read 2798 times)

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
Off Belmar
« on: June 25, 2009, 11:50:06 PM »
Took the day and headed out from Sayerville...stopped by the hook looking for bunker around 1pm. snagged a few and headed south...had a buddy fishing off Deal from 9am ...said lots of bunker but no luck ...figured I would head further south towards Shark river inlet...small pods of quick moving bunker...here one minute...gone the next....hung in there till 7pm and called it quits...one bluefish runoff....thats it. Didn't see anyone catchin...hope its was just a bad day! would hate to blame it on the Captain....AGAIN! Almost home and see 3people wavin me down for a tow...told me they have Seatow and would have to wait 2hrs. for a pickup! Whats up with that...not even a weekend and a 2hr. wait...Guess my boat will get cleaned tomorrow!  chrz
Freedom 3

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Off Belmar
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:28:32 AM »
Nice report Kpcoe!  Way to be the good Samaritan! t^
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:29:08 AM by Bucktail »

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:54:21 AM »
Great job on helping out with the tow. t^

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:07:18 AM »
good report,kpcoe you had a long day,covered a lot of water,good going helping the disabled boat t^    Kez   
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »
Great effort on the stripers. Lots of bunker around, very few pods with bass on them. It is only a matter of luck, determination and a good network with others to be in the right area at the right time.

Kudos for helping a fellow boater in time of need. He should have paid you and sent a bill to sea tow. A two hour wait on a Wednesday certainly should not be the case. I hope he raise hell with them and can get some kind of compensation. I doubt it will happen though. No sense in paying to have their service if it is unavaible.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 09:18:21 AM »
still a good day

I switched to BoatUS this year, perhaps no better but you may want to look into it.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:01:25 AM »
Good trip and good work on the tow.  I was on the Sea Hawk on Wednesday and I could not believe all the debris in the water.  The Raritan Bay was just loaded with all kinds of junk in fact there were floating islands of junk how do you guys put up with that all the time.  I saw some pretty good size tree limbs that were floating just below the surface that would sink just about any boat.   Not good.

Thanks for the report.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »
Good trip and good work on the tow.  I was on the Sea Hawk on Wednesday and I could not believe all the debris in the water.  The Raritan Bay was just loaded with all kinds of junk in fact there were floating islands of junk how do you guys put up with that all the time.  I saw some pretty good size tree limbs that were floating just below the surface that would sink just about any boat.   Not good.

Thanks for the report.

Happy Catching

Paul
Paul this usually happens when an extremely high tide or the rivers are swollen after heavy rainfalls and a lot of rain is what we have been having.have hit a few submerged things but the most damage a broken transducer bracket.that's why running at night here can be hazardous,tough enough dodging when you can see.the river has been pretty bad recently.for the most part the bay is pretty clean under normal conditions.     Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »
thanks for the kind words...sure everyone would have done the same...did cover a lot of ground, was trying to put my son and his buddy into some good fish like makokeith put me onto last week...7 was my cut off time for that reason alone, the bay is hazardous and not a time to be talking but WATCHING cfzd. the river just as bad! always amazed at the jet skiers! nts
Freedom 3

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 06:00:03 PM »
Nice try Kev.  Hope you get helped out in your time of need.  We will hook up next week.  Looks like the stupid fish are going SOUTH  WTF.
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 10:49:55 PM »
Just don't get it.....5yrs ago had a 16' aluminum grumman and was happy ;) ;) catchin schoolies, snappers and the occasional 20 lbs striper....then I buy an old Grady and I hit the hook for some larger stripes and bigger blues....now I'm travelin country miles across the Great state on NJ in search of bigger bass...when does the insanity stop....please help! rofla chrz.....I can't afford a bigger boat! ;)
Freedom 3

Offline Capt. Joe G

• Sponsor
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 11:47:59 PM »
Just to let you know I'm on the water 7days a week.. deal, 9am  is to late for the morning bass bite.. It was on today from 5-7am and then lites out

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 01:37:02 AM »
Great report and good try!  Nice of you to tow the other boat in.

TT^

Offline dreamsfloatjoe

• Bait Cutter
  • Bait Cutter
    • Anchors Aweigh Charters, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 05:59:29 AM »
... told me they have Seatow and would have to wait 2hrs. for a pickup! Whats up with that...not even a weekend and a 2hr. wait...
grtn  Maybe, the Sea Tow operator wanted to finish her beer first?   5hrug   chrz   rofla

DreamsFloat Joe - Mate
M/V Ye Ole Pirate, Anchors Aweigh Charters, Inc.
Fernandina Beach Harbor Marina, Amelia Island, Florida  32034  USA

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-