Author Topic: Spearfishing report from the weekend in stone harbor  (Read 1078 times)

Offline AKscuba713

Spearfishing report from the weekend in stone harbor
« on: June 29, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »
Didnt go in the bay but I worked in stone harbor saturday and sunday, so i brought the spearfishing gear down and went before and after work.

Saturday morning, freedove off the beach just outside the outer bar. Short fluke everywhere in the surf.. Viz was kicked up pretty bad, maxed out at 10 feet of water, think I found a hole or something. Saturday night, spearfished, once again short fluke everywhere, its fun to scare them up out of the sand with my hands and watch them take off

Sunday morning I hit the water at about 10, pumped up for a dive and the next thing you know I was surrounded by bunker. I shot one and ran back up to my truck and threw it out on a hook with my surf rod... no takers. I did hear dolphins chirping and clicking in the water, probably what was chasing em. Sunday night, I didnt go. Im likin this freediving the surf thing...Been awhile since ive done it and its all comin back to me.  t^

Also, managed my first bass on a soft plastic, 18" in stone harbor off a bridge. WEEE!!!! chrz
Young and love fishing...

Willing to do weekend work on a boat spring/summer 09 fishing season... have references!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-