Author Topic: Route 70 Bridge  (Read 7858 times)

Offline johnjohn

Route 70 Bridge
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:15:39 PM »
Hey guys,

First timer on this forum. Im not really from the area but I read about a new pier/bridge being built on Route 70. I was wondering if that pier was open and have any of you guys fished there? I was planning a trip this weekend and was looking for a nice pier to spend time with the family.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Route 70 Bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »
I know the new bridge but I have not heard of a pier.  The only pier I know of used from part of the old bridge is the Mantalokin bridge pier.

If any of the other guys know I am sure they will post.

BTW Welcome Aboard.  Just be patient and if there is such an animal the guys will chime in soon.

Againj Welcome Aboard

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
Welcome to the group John

I've heard people talk about a pier at the Rt. 70 bridge over the Manasquan river, but i've not taken the time to stop and look for it.  if it is there it's got to be up close under the bridge on the west side of the river by the boat club.
If you check it out and find it, report back.

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:38:38 AM »
the pier runs along the south west south west side of the bridge behind the Marina Grill. I scoped this spot out a few months ago and it seems decent. The only downside seems to be parking. Please report back and let us all know how you did
Z

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 07:17:42 PM »
I found some information out about this spot.  I haven't visited it yet, but this is what I found online, including a pic or 2.

This is the 9/11 Memorial Bridge and according to the State the public fishing pier was constructed on the the northwest corner of the bridge.

Here is a link to the article.  If you click on photos it at least has a glimpse of the pier.

9/11 Memorial Bridge

TT^

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »
I checked this spot out a few weeks ago.  There was a lot of bait swimming around and something splashing the surface. 
There doesn't seem to be any official parking for this pier, but I believe the liquor store there is vacant....so....
Foot access is from along side the Marina Grill or from the marina south of the bridge.
The main channel of the river is within casting distance from the pier. 
I have a couple pics I'll add tomorrow.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-