Author Topic: Hunter 2- Morning Fluke-Raritan Bay, Tues July 14,2009  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Hunter 2- Morning Fluke-Raritan Bay, Tues July 14,2009
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:54:12 AM »
Left Keyport around 6:30am At low tide, I noticed some Gannets diving around the mouth of Keyport near buoy 3. The spearing were not around in the Marina so I figured they head out with the tide and the gannets were after them. I chose a AVA-17 jig with a white tube to duplicate the Spearing. As soon as I cast the jig and it hit the water it was game on.  All the cocktail blues you wanted were coming over the side. They were fun to catch on light tackle. I was using one of the Shimano Corvallus 300 combo reel and rod setups with 30lb power pro braid that I purchased from Capt.Rich this winter.  I kept a couple to use as strip bait and released the rest. I head over to the red 18 can on the Raritan reached and found bad drift conditions. I boated a few short Fluke and a Skate. The Bucktail with a teaser above was doing good.I made a move towards keensberg to the 11A can and made a few drifts with no sign of life around. I figured to head back around Keyport to play with the Bluefish some more. After a few more cocktail blues released it was time to go back to the marina. Heading back in I was stopped by a State trooper in a boat and he asked me what I was fishing for and if I had any keepers. I responded Fluke and no keepers and asked if he wanted to check, he said no and saw my Coast Guard inspection sticker on my window and then took off at full speed. Those boats are very quick!  Back at the Marina I had to put the boat on my trailer because I want to clean it up for a week in Lake George starting this Saturday.   Good Luck,  Eddie t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Re: Hunter 2- Morning Fluke-Raritan Bay, Tues July 14,2009
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
Very cool.  Nice action on the light gear t^ Enjoy your vacation to the lake.

Offline nukeman

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:20:02 AM »
Nice report, flukin tough yesterday, but just being on the water , catching some blues on a beautiful day is a plus.   t^
US Sub Vet

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »
Fine report Eddie!  TT^ The boat looks great.. Have a great time up at the lake..   chrz

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »
Nice report Ed.The blues always save the day and are  a ball on the lite stuff.The ava 17 and 007 do the trick. Enjoy Lake George,been there and like it. chrz

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:51:01 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »
Nice report and good fishing!

Enjoy your vacation...it is very nice there in Upstate NY!

TT^

Offline johnesniper

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-