Author Topic: Surf Fishing Long Branch  (Read 18191 times)

Offline jlavine

• Full Member of the Den
Surf Fishing Long Branch
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »
I'm in Eatontown / Long Branch / Red Bank area for 4 days and I'm looking to do some surf fishing.  I usually (last year) fish the sandy hook / highlands area and don't know any good beaches or jetties down here.

I would appreciate any info on beaches and/or jetties in my area.  I have my surf rod and fluke rod, so I plan to bait fish for strippers/blues and try for some fluke too.  Any exact locations would be great and some good bait shops in the area too.

Thanks so much!!

Jeff

Offline Bob

Re: Surf Fishing Long Branch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:12:56 PM »
Just drive 36 east to 7 Presidents County Park.  Beach access and you can walk the beach from jetty to jetty.
Bob

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:06:26 AM »
Just an FYI about 7 presidents park.

I fished there quite often in my boat last year and did well fairly close to the beach. It should be a decent spot from the beach as well.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline YoungLad210

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »
i dont know the area real well but its hard to suggest a good spot for fluke surf fishing.  im not familiar with your location all that much, i know its a bit of a hike for you but a good spot for blues is leonardo beach.  your best off livelining peanuts for them, if you dont have peanuts its no big deal, they eat just about anything.  a real good spot close to you is in the evening anywhere around darlington deal, the pumphouse in deal, and also off the shore from the red church in deal. thats the closest to you that i can think of.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:32:08 AM »
I have to agree 7 Presidents park jetties are good but be careful as the bathers around there don't make for good bait... rofla

The hook and Sea Gright are all good as well.  Try the back side of the hook for fluke spearing and cut squid are the candy of choice right now.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-