Author Topic: 08/08/09 Misty Morn Magic Hour Report  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
08/08/09 Misty Morn Magic Hour Report
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »
After running around all morning with errands, Jason & I were able to make it down to the Misty Morn for their magic hour trip. We got there early enough for Jason to try and catch some snappers for bait. He got 1 snapper and also surprisingly 2 peanut bunker that actually had the hooks for the Kastmater in their mouths. A light crowd of only 10 sailed tonight.

First 2 drifts mid bay were almost completely dead . First drift I bucktailed without any action. On the next drift I dropped down a live peanut (the other died). I felt a light pickup, gave a drop back but can up empty-no fish & no bait. After that I dragged bait.

Moved over to the green side of the Reach & it was game on. Had ideal conditions with a light ESE wind and an incoming tide. I missed a fish right off the bat, re baited and put the first keeper of the night on the deck. The rest of the night there seemed to always be at least one or 2 rods bent. Vast majority were in the 16.5-17.99" class. Jason dropped down the snapper and it was whacked several times but he failed to hook up before losing the bait.Half way through the drift I switched back to bouncing a Spro/teaser combo and the action continued even as the bait on bait seemed to taper off some.. This drift lasted 2+ hours. Made one final 15 minute drift over some of the same ground and I bucked up another 2.

10 keepers caught for the 10 fares but everyone caught at least 15+ fish. A few cocktail blues spiced up the catch. There were 2 tied for high hook at 2. My lone keeper was just barely beat out for the pool.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 08/08/09 Misty Morn Magic Hour Report
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:22:59 PM »
Nice report and nice catch!

TT^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:52:29 PM »
Nice way to spend an evening. t^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »
good report and action evening t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-