Author Topic: Boaters, Courtesy , Maritime Safety laws & Regulations  (Read 9571 times)

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Boaters, Courtesy , Maritime Safety laws & Regulations
« on: August 09, 2009, 02:51:29 PM »
Boaters Courtesy, Maritime Safety laws & Regulations

In Response to a post from Urulie and a response from fish Dude,Glory Hole Blue Fin Fishing Can we touch base on this topic and maybe we can help ourselves and those that still may not understand Boaters Courtesy and some of the basic Maritime Safety laws & Regulations. lets face it... just because we may have passed the test.. do we still remember and follow what we learned?

I would love to be able to take your guys input and turn it into an article for the home page.t^

Offline sealife

Re: Boaters, Courtesy , Maritime Safety laws & Regulations
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
It is not just the regs/rules that need reinforcement but just plain courtesy while fishing.  I sometimes wonder why people ride up chum slicks, is it lack of knowledge or the thought that they might steal a fish out of the slick.  It gets really interesting when a whole fleet is chumming and somebody decides to troll within all the slicks.  Another favorite is when a lot of boats a trolling (Bass on Shrewsbury Rocks) and someone will decide to troll out of the pattern that everybody else is using and catching.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »
One of my pet peeves is the guy who pulls into a fleet of boats that are drifting an area and proceeds to throw his anchor out. I know he has every right to do so, but how about a little common courtesy for the guys who have been there all day.  nosmly

Another is the guys pulls right into your drift. As you start to get closer to him he looks at you like...hey, you're gonna drift into me. Yeah, and if you weren't such a clutz you would not have stopped right in my path.

This is why I always try to find my own little piece of heaven and fish away from the other boats.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 08:18:30 PM »
and let's not forget Mr. GottagetfishonNOW running thru working birds scattering the bait and any fish under them. Don't get me started!

Basically if you come on my drift and drift into me you better move... you snaked my drift. If you don't get it, my boat pole extends a looong way and it is a lesson learned. But then you prolly never learn anyways....

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 08:48:23 PM »
Is the lack of courtesy, ignorance or just disrespect?  Or a combination of both?

5hrug

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »
Is the lack of courtesy, ignorance or just disrespect?  Or a combination of both?

5hrug
  Yes t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 09:11:38 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think you can fix that type of stupid :-\!

However, it is a great topic for those that want to learn and boat properly.

TT^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 06:14:07 AM »
One of my pet peeves is the guy who pulls into a fleet of boats that are drifting an area and proceeds to throw his anchor out. I know he has every right to do so, but how about a little common courtesy for the guys who have been there all day.  nosmly

whs
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-