Author Topic: Pilot - Flukin with Poor Dog 8/15  (Read 1726 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Flukin with Poor Dog 8/15
« on: August 15, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
Made some mixed bag bait this AM on the cast net.  Spearing, small pnut and snaps..  just enough for today's outing.  Poor Dog showed up at the dock at 6:45 with gear in tow.  I had to smile to myself because the guy was wearing long pant jeans and a black cutoff t-shirt.  I'm thinking to myself that he's going to overheat on me for sure.  I ask him if he's got a pair of shorts or something and he says "no, but I got this new pocket knife I picked up in Maine"  5hrug What are you going to do??? I'm leaving the dock and before I can make the Shrews I hear the tear of dungaree.  Sounded like someone was ripping velcro apart.  I turnaround and he's got this nice springloader piercing the fabric like and accupuncturist doing therapy on a bad spinal injury.  These jeans were damn near brand new.  Hey I got rags for the boat. t^

Fueled up in AH marina... $2.97 a G Ouch!  beats last years robbery and these guys are the cheapest around.  So, off we head to the TC/Reach.  A couple of drops/drifts and not even a touch.  It was looking like a slow day based on the fleet and the lack of nets making there way to the waterline.   Didn't stick around to long.  Headed to the Ambrose where 8oz was holding for a bit then 10.  A couple of shorts make it over the rail.  A slow pick at best.  Then slack.  Bite was almost non-existent.  Moved to the candlestick with similar results but the current was rippin here.  Took a ride down the beach to calmer water and had constant action on every drift without a fish big enough to box.  Easily boated 30 fish between the two of us.  Passed time, got caught up and enjoyed the weather.  "Hey Poor Dog, you ready to catch some keepers?"  He says "What the hell we been tryin to do for past 4 hours?"   rofla  Got out of dodge to some nastier ground with the first drop producing a sweet 5 lber while Poor Dog connects with a 18" Sea bass.  Bait....Pnutz for both.  Another drift and another quality CB.  Then it was rippin there too.   Timing was off with the tide and currents today where the big ones lay but we'll get 'em next time.

Back to the barn around 4:00.  Buddy from the marina was up at the fillet station doing surgery on a 180lb big eye.  Awesome sight. Snapped a pic but failed to save it to the phone rgmn.  Overall, a good day.

Till next time.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Pilot - Flukin with Poor Dog 8/15
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »
Great report and nice day out!

TT^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:12:26 PM »
great report as always Pilot t^ ,enjoy reading your reports.over all a great day  t^    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Tbone

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 08:48:24 AM »
Pilot, Nice report. It got hot out there so Anita and I packed it in at 12:30pm.  Fished the Reach all morning and ended the day with 3 keeps, nothing big.  Plenty of action until the slack then it all died.  Anita caught 2 keeps, she wanted me to tell you that. Talk to later in the week. T-Bone   

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:33:38 PM »
Nice report Pilot.Sounds like conditions were mixed up at there all over.
 t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »
 t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 09:19:46 PM »
Nice report. Plenty of action and some for the skillet.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 11:29:59 AM »
o yea, burnin some gas....
nice trip Pilot

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-