Author Topic: YSA Fluke 8/16  (Read 1849 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
YSA Fluke 8/16
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:52:14 AM »
We were unable to get an early start due to some prior commitments but that didn't stop us. By the time we got lunch, bait, waited for Morgan draw, beverages, ice, and fuel it was 1PM. Headed right out to my recent favorite, the site of the doormat drop, and had 4 fish on the first drift. One went in the box, hit the squid killie bucktail with teaser. Man it was HOT. Christine was dragging bait with limited success until.....

After a few drifts picking shorts we made a move up the Chapel Hill to some promising bottom. The drift there was different, it went from a NW slide to a 2+kt run almost due N. After we figured that out the next drifts saw at least 25 fish with quite a few 17-18". Christine was outfishing me and it was difficult to hold with the bucktail in those conditions, so I switched to bait drag with 9oz to hold. The breeze was much more comfortable there than the other spot, but added to the tough conditions. Oh well gotta tuff it out. I baited up a nice rig I had tied the night before, added lead and proceeded to drop it over - as I released it I got that sinking feeling realizing I never hooked it to the swivel! oops. Let's leave it at good thing that was me and not her.   

We repeated the drift until slack tide continuing to pick shorts. We moved over to the reach for the start of the outgoing but nuttin doin'. Lots of fish, only 1 keeper at 19".

Offline Spearfish

Re: YSA Fluke 8/16
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »
I left Chapel Hill at 4:00.  I must have been right by you.  Same action.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:43:07 AM »
Sounds like a nice day Warren   TT^ 

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
nice catch
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:51:27 AM »
nice day of fishing t^ as for not tying the rig to the swivel,know the feeling,after a tangle with more than one umbrella rig trolling for stripers,cut the line to untangle,tossed the umbrella rig in without retying,a little more costlier than a fluke rig. nosmly
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
Not bad for a late start!

TT^

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 05:22:22 PM »
Sounds like yiou had plenty of constant action. t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-