Author Topic: Spearfish 8/16 Fluking  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Spearfish

Spearfish 8/16 Fluking
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:53:20 AM »
Had a hot tip from a friend who limited a couple of times during the week out near Ambrose.  I headed out and decided to work my way there beginning in the back bay.  Started near 46/42 with a good drift down the edge of the channel.  It was drop and reel shorts on several drifts with way too many to count, I only have 10 fingers.  We decided to make a move out near 19 and experienced the same shorts, but not a many, so we reeled them in and hi-tailed it out to Ambrose with high hopes.  Lots of action here too, more drop and reel, except that now we had sea robins and skates to go with the shorts and it takes a lot longer to get them in in 70'.  I finally managed a keeper, but after reeling in about 20 sea robins we made a move a little farther out.  We dropped down and what else, more shorts.  My dad boxed a nice keep and we moved around a little, but no more action with keeps.  On the way in we made a few drifts through Chapel Hill, and the same thing there - more shorts, and sea robins.  The bay must be carpeted with these little guys now.  We called it a day and headed home with 2 keeps and sore arms from the workout in Ambrose where even a sea robin feels like a heavy fish with all the lead holding him down.  I'll give it a shot again next week.

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Re: Spearfish 8/16 Fluking
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »
good report and effort t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:40:12 AM »
Nice report Spearfish t^ Great action even if the grocery bag was a bit light  chrz

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »
yeah.. thats alot of work in the Ambrose.. I caught a 8 lber there in 70 feet.. Not fun.. tired arms.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Spearfish

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:23 AM »
yeah.. thats alot of work in the Ambrose.. I caught a 8 lber there in 70 feet.. Not fun.. tired arms.
It's worth it if you get the 8#, but just work when you don't.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »
Great report. nice effort t^

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »
yes we blew out of the CH around 4 also

prolly saw you out there; can't miss us: its the off white grady w the blu bimini and yammy out back  rofla  rofla

back to the reach but sameol sameol

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »
Great report and not a bad catch!

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-