Author Topic: FB late 8/15 report  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
FB late 8/15 report
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
Took a break from the Fluke fishing to take advantage of the flat conditions for a run to the Mudhole.. Rob and I met Dibbs at the dock in Keansburg, for a somewhat late start around 630..  after loading up and filling the livewell with peanuts we headed out of the bay and made a quick run to the Mud Bouy to try to fill a Bluefish order for one of daves workmates.. We approached the spot where the yellow blinker used to be, and put out 2 Bomber diving plugs.. I carefully avoided running near the slicks of the anchored boats, but managed to hook a gorilla bluefish within about 2 minutes.. Rob wrassled the 12-14 lber  to the boat, and Dibbs boga's it into the box for his buddy..With more boats  moving in to chum, we left them to it and headed towards the Arundo to start our troll.. Trolled a mix of cedars plugs, feathers, spoons and a spreader bar wwwwb.. Headed toward the monster ledge with little action the first hour or so.. Had a chicken Mahi eat a feather a bit west of the ledge that we landed despite my forgetting to take the hook guard off prior to putting it out  ::) :P  Continued to the monster, and about a mile ne of the ledge we had a football Bluefin come right up to the transom and scarf a cedar plug before daves eyes  cfzd .. It was my turn on the rod and as we where running lighter gear, there was not much i could do as it dumped about half the spool of braid off my Avet MX.. When it stopped, and turned back toward the boat I cranked so fast my elbow was smokin.. but alas I could not catch up, and he was off..We stayed in the area for about an hour, but that was it for the tunafish.. We then moved into an area with lots of pots, and tried throwning some peanuts on our light spinning rods.. The 2nd Pot I hit had life, and both Rob and I where soon hooked to jumping Mahi's.. We landed both 3-4# chickens and thought we where in for some real action.. But we hit about 20 more pots with no sign of life..  5hrug  We started heading toward the beach about 4:30 as a slight S breeze picked up, and made a quick Fluke drift S of the Rasttlesnake... but only managed a few shorts and skates.. Headed back to Keansburg by about 6 with our fat Bluefish, and  3 Mahi in the box, and smiles on our faces after a beautiful day  on the water  TT^ chrz

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: FB late 8/15 report
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »
Great Trip and report t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
nice... something a bit different
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Online wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »
sounds like a banner day

great report felt like I was there  t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 11:24:52 AM »
Great trip TB!  Sounds like it was a great day out there with some for the table.

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-