Author Topic: Capt. John/Reel Fun/Mid-Atlantic $500,000  (Read 1578 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Capt. John/Reel Fun/Mid-Atlantic $500,000
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »
Fellow Anglers,

Had the family down at Cape May this past week to enjoy the festivities of the Mid-Altlantic $500,00 Tournament. To say there was a armada of big boats there is an understatement. Makes my 25' Parker look like a toy!

Saw some really impressive weigh-ins including Dolphin, Wahoo, the winning White Marlin and a few Tuna. The number of Tuna was way down this year but there was no shortage of landings and releases of White Marlin by many of the entrants. I took my family to Cape May for some vacation time off (much needed) and we had gorgeous weather all week and enjoyed some great food and good conversation with some of the captain's at the tournament. Stopped by to see Mike of the Tarheel from Monmouth Beach, but fortunately missed seeing him as they had a tough week of fishing not being able to top a few of the bigger fished that were weighed in.

This is an exciting week at the Cape and if you're a real fisherman in NJ, then at least one visit there during this tournament is a must. Will be getting back to my charter schedule this week and will be reporting to you as I get word from some of my fellow captain's as to how they did this past week.

Two weeks left in the NJ Fluke season so let's get going anglers! Still a lot of nice BIG fish left out there.

Tight Lines,

Capt. John

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Capt. John/Reel Fun/Mid-Atlantic $500,000
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »
Its always an exciting time during the event. My cousins boat GINA LISA  had the top white marlin for a couple of days but were knocked out of the box later in the week, rgmn
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Ranger79

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:39:30 AM »
 thud

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:46:58 AM »
Nice vacation!  I never thought of going to one of those tournaments as a spectator and to watch the weigh ins.

TT^

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 01:47:11 PM »
The gates are open to spectators each day and the best time to arrive is around 6 pm when the big boys return for weigh-ins. It's a lot of fun IF you're a fisherman and you can appreciate some of the spectacular boats at the Canyon Club Marina.......60-65' are common rigs down there. Go once and spend a few days enjoying beautiful Cape May with their oustanding restaurants and B & B's and enjoy offshore bluewater fishing at it's best. You won't be disappointed.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 01:56:53 PM »
Thanks Capt John!  Does sound like a nice weekend.  My boys love watching and seeing the sites.  Especially since they don't last too long fishing yet so...

TT^

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »
wow you should sideline hawking for the CM tourism bureau

now I want to go  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-