Author Topic: Bill Schmill YSA Flukin 8/23  (Read 1162 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Bill Schmill YSA Flukin 8/23
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:58:54 PM »
Headed out to brave the fierce wind, waves, and rain yesterday with Cooch and Tombo. Yeah right. Shoved off at 0530 wondering what we might find. Tombo got some beauty pix of the sunrise and calm seas; they haven't shown in my inbox yet. To be honest, the waves were crashing outside on the Hook, and also across Romer Shoal, but it really wasn't too bad out there. Long period swells, almost no wind, and only widely scattered showers made it fishable, but they weren't really chewin'. Not a lot of boats out, moved around, tried the usual spots, and a couple not-too-usual in shallow spots, with only shorts for our efforts. Tombo had us in stitches with his "I hooked a HUGE one hookset/pirouette/almost decapitate the captain with his lineflail" and other antics....Back around 1200, Tombo had to go, dropped him off. Waited for the tide to recede, enjoying some hoppy sodas wit Cooch at the Blue Rock. A good day, not too many of them left for flatties....

Why don't we all chip in for an RSA extortion I mean exemption? What's it cost? Buck up, then maximize utility through our friendly online fishing community. Wow imagine getting checked outta season, but you're still good, cuz you bought your way in? Pay to play baby, it sucks but if you wanna play......   

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
Re: Bill Schmill YSA Flukin 8/23
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
Glad to see you got out Warren.I would have given you a shout as I was in the rivers cruising around.The Bay and Rivers were like a board. t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 04:05:17 PM »
Nice job! 

Yeah, I think the pay to play is BS.  RSA or whatever they call it...I guess if you can afford it and it makes the Captains some extra money than that is great, but it is money they shouldn't have to put out to begin with!

TT^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »
Nice day out Warren.   I have Striper fever on my mind. I will let you know when we leave. chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-