Author Topic: Raritan Bay 9/13  (Read 1365 times)

Offline superfitz

• Full Member of the Den
Raritan Bay 9/13
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »
Hi everyone. First post here. I stumbled across the website a few days ago. Looks like a great group and I'm glad to share. Also looking for feedback and suggestions.

Fished off my boat between the keyport flats and the reach channel. 2-5pm. Caught and released one small fluke on clams. Didn't see any birds working. Water was dark, moderately rough but calmed when the wind died around 4pm.

Wanted to add that I also, used a rig that I simply designed, which is a 3oz chartreuse Spro jig, tipped with one of those Gulp Eels. I got one big hit on it, tore the eel right in half. Anyone else use that method, or think it would work? I've never landed a fish with it.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Raritan Bay 9/13
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM »
Welcome grtn!  Good try out there and not completely skunked ;D.  What are your targeting?

TT^

Offline superfitz

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »
Aiming for some straggling stripers coming through the bay. I know it's a little too early but I hear reports of some rogue ones around.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 10:43:29 PM »
I don't think it is too early for bass.  Rigging Gulp or plastic eels to a bucktail will work.  The eel tins will give it much better swimming action though.  Check out this thread from last year.  The blues will rip your baits up if they are around so...

Gulp Eels

Good luck!

TT^

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
Welcome aboard Superfitz!  chrz
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline superfitz

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:20:10 AM »
Pfishing, thanks for the thread link about the gulp eels. Looks like they can work pretty well. I'll keep the site informed if anything hits this fall.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »
yes, like pfg said it was prolly a boofish that tore up the eel. good thing you didn't lose the bucktail....

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-