Author Topic: Capt. Ron/Fishermen/Mondays Fishing  (Read 1161 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
Capt. Ron/Fishermen/Mondays Fishing
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
Had a handfull of the regs out today for some fun fishing...Caught the blues on bait and jigs. Couple guys bottom fished and had some of the biggest Porgies I have seen in a long time!!  All was good till around 12:15 when the wind went to honkin and it got nasty....4 shots at anchoring with gusts to 30 only produced Rocks in the anchor and impossible conditions. Time to go home!
Going to start clamming towards the end of the week, looking over all the spots that should start to produce the Stripers. Don't expect too much just yet, but we gotta give it hell, the customers I have just don't want the blues...too bad because they are one of the best fighting fish in the ocean, they get no respect!! Capt.Ron

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Capt. Ron/Fishermen/Mondays Fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:24:12 PM »
Nice job!  Bass are definitely superior to bluefish in my book...but bluefish are better than a skunk ::) ;D.

TT^

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
Re: Capt. Ron/Fishermen/Mondays Fishing
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 05:40:15 AM »
Nice report Captain...Blues are lots of fun but I have a tough time finding people that like to eat them...specially the big slammers....I can't catch enough striper... everybody wants some! luckily I don't eat fish so I can fill some requests! chrz
Freedom 3

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-