Author Topic: Sea Hawk bottom fishing weekend 10/3-4  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Mike Sea Hawk

• The Sea HAwk
  • Sponsor
    • The Sea Hawk
Sea Hawk bottom fishing weekend 10/3-4
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:51:35 AM »
Had a charter on Saturday 10/3 and they caught porgies pretty well.  High hook had 40 and some sea bass keepers were spread around as well.  Many were inexperienced but they caught plenty.  Pretty good bite and overall was very good fishing.

Sunday we polled the fares and majority seemed to want to go bottomfishing instead of bluefishing.  Only had 14 fares and we headed out into the fog for the grounds.  Not sure how all those small boats managed as I had to rely on radar for some good portions of the morning.

First drop looked to be the start of a great day. Soon had to reposition and a bit difficult with laying conditions and the small boat fleet spread about.  Went on the drift and picked away at fish. Mostly porgies with some true jumbos mixed in.  Fairly decent amount of keeper seabass with high hook on those around 10.  High hook on porgies was around 30.

Pool fish went to my remote reporter gottog-Mike with a nice seabass. 

All in all pretty good fishing and everyone left with a good amount of fish.

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Sea Hawk bottom fishing weekend 10/3-4
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 11:00:45 AM »
Thanks for a great day Capt Mike slt

Even got my first tog of the season from the boat although it was just short and had to be released, was fun to feel it on the end of my line.  Porgies and seabass were delicious! Grilled the seabass whole and fried the porgy fillets. Yum yum yum! TT^

Was good to see some true dinner plate sized porgies.  Not too many shorts either.

Those seabass loved the greenies...so did the sea robins rofla

One guy even had a nice 5lb fluke on his line. Was quite sad when it was released.

Kids onboard caught some nice fish and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Was great to get out and catch some fish.  Coming home with a nice full cooler was bonus.  T was happy there were plenty of nice porgy fillets.
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Sea Hawk bottom fishing weekend 10/3-4
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »
Nice t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-