Author Topic: New member saying Hi!  (Read 12746 times)

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
Re: New member saying Hi!
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »
Welcome aboard  t^
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline samksy

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 06:11:51 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and pretty new to fishing, hoping to read more and learn more from experts like you guys.

-Sam

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »
Welcome aboard Samksy. Any question, just ask. Anything you can add, please do so.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »
Hey Sam, Welcome!  grtn
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »
Welcome Sam

Offline samksy

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »
Welcome aboard Samksy. Any question, just ask. Anything you can add, please do so.  t^

Welcome Sam

Hey Sam, Welcome!  grtn

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!
I'm so hook in fishing now, i can't get away for not fishing even for even a week...lolz!!!
I get up at 5am to just go fish for several hours before work....i am going nuts.  nts

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »
Welcome aboard Skamys
Oh....I mean Samksy...   ;)

Sounds like you got the addiction good.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »
What kind of fishing you been doing Sam? Surf, boat, both? What was/is your fav quarry?
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline samksy

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »
What kind of fishing you been doing Sam? Surf, boat, both? What was/is your fav quarry?

IrishAyes, I do bottom fish for sea bass, black fish, and porgies on shore as i can't really tolerate boat trips.  Would love to know how to fish for blues and strippers. I been reading that  the pleasant canal is a great place to catch them.  Probably will give a try coming wednesday morning.  I tried last wednesday morning with some biting no hook up.

Trying to learn other method of fishing as well and trying to read some of these threads and the the stuff everyone uses, like the fate bait stuff seems so confusing to me and the technique everyone use.  so much stuff  rgmn

and what is fav  quarry?   ???

Welcome aboard Skamys
Oh....I mean Samksy...   ;)

Sounds like you got the addiction good.

Thanks Eng5lt!  Good, but not so good I'm lossing sleep and wife is complianing cuz she can't go....lolz!!!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »
Samsky, we have all been there when we started.  You simply have to put your time in and figure what works best for you.  I have been at this for over 50 years and I still get skunked.  You have to do your homework and be diligent in reading and trying.  If you need help I am sure there are plenty of guys on the site that are willing to  show you a few things.  I for one, if you want to get out onto IBSP give me a call and if I am available I would gladly show you the ropes out there.

The best place to look for help as well are the local B&T's, they are a treasure chest of knowledge, especially if you frequent them and become a regular.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »

and what is fav  quarry?   ???

The one Fred Flintstone worked in was pretty cool!  You know, with the dinosaurs and the screaming bird and all? t^
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:55:52 PM by Bucktail »

Offline NJHEMIRT

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2009, 05:59:07 PM »
If you were getting bites and no hook up in the canal - you may have had too large of a piece of bait.  For blackfish, I use green crabs cut in quarters or sixths and I take the legs off - this way the blackfish bites into your hook instead of pulling off the bait.  As far as learning how to fish for strippers - I hear dollar bills work great!   ;D  Now if you mean STRIPERS...clams may do the trick...   hhppy
and thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!

NJ HERMIT!!  lol
Thanks Dad for taking me fishing as a kid!

Offline samksy

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 09:04:35 PM »
Samsky, we have all been there when we started.  You simply have to put your time in and figure what works best for you.  I have been at this for over 50 years and I still get skunked.  You have to do your homework and be diligent in reading and trying.  If you need help I am sure there are plenty of guys on the site that are willing to  show you a few things.  I for one, if you want to get out onto IBSP give me a call and if I am available I would gladly show you the ropes out there.

The best place to look for help as well are the local B&T's, they are a treasure chest of knowledge, especially if you frequent them and become a regular.

Happy Catching

Paul

Thanks Paul, i might take you up on the offer if i can make it to IBSP and if  you schedule works   ;D

Offline samksy

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »
If you were getting bites and no hook up in the canal - you may have had too large of a piece of bait.  For blackfish, I use green crabs cut in quarters or sixths and I take the legs off - this way the blackfish bites into your hook instead of pulling off the bait.  As far as learning how to fish for strippers - I hear dollar bills work great!   ;D  Now if you mean STRIPERS...clams may do the trick...   hhppy
and thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!

NJ HERMIT!!  lol

NJ Hermit, thanks for the great tips!!! and i'll try to hook a dollar  bill next time too...kakkaka  ;D

sorry didn't mean to hi jack your thread...i just saw new member and i posted on your thread and welcome!!! hehehhe!

[/quote]
The one Fred Flintstone worked in was pretty cool!  You know, with the dinosaurs and the screaming bird and all? t^
[/quote]

gotcha!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-