Author Topic: Capt. John/ Reel Fun/ Wednesday Report  (Read 2608 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Capt. John/ Reel Fun/ Wednesday Report
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:47:48 AM »
Fellow anglers,

Had the Robert Urbanski party out for what I anticipated was to be a good day of Striper fishing with eels at the "Rip" and around Buoy 12 of Sandy Hook Channel.......NOT. Boy, what a stinker day. What the hell happen to the bass that were around on Monday morning?

That's what makes Striper fishing so insane at times, is that they are in one day and the surrounding waters are totally void of fish the next. Here one day, gone the next, moving, hunting, calling, boy it can be really frustrating. We were loaded with many baits today just in case.........clams, eels and even sands but no deal. Very few marks on the recorder so I tried over at Romer where 2 clammers were dredging and still no takers on an absolutely beautiful day as far as the weather was concerned.

Talked to a couple of friends on my cell, one drifting like I was and the other was trolling around the Swash Channel and both were having a hrad time locating fish. Tough, tough day. Sorry I couldn't bring you all a better report, but I report it as it happened. Like I tell my customers............no b/s, just the facts.

Hopefully this thing will kick into gear soon as the nice weather will not last forever.

A very important word of advice to all my fellow anglers.........return the big females back to the water NOW. The numbers of Stripers caught so far this year are down from previous years so be be warned!!!!

Tight Lines and Following Seas,

Capt. John

Offline Capt. Don Sr

Re: Capt. John/ Reel Fun/ Wednesday Report
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
Thanks for the true report  slt nothing happing in the back of Raritan Bay during the day , enjoy the nice weather and the calm sea ,TIGHT LINES ,Capt Don SR t^

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »
It Happens like that. Here today gone tomorrow   nosmly
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:30:44 PM »
Numbers were up in our area? so i guess i depends where your at...

With all the regulations being shoved down our throat?

throwing back big females is a GOOD THING!!!

but

it is one choice to keep whatever is within the legal limits...

Dont worry about it wont belong long and we will be over regulated on bass too and you wont be able to keep em...

Make sure you throw back all small females in the spring so then can spawn that year and every year until they get to big a big cow...

Ha never hear anyone up north agreeing with that.

we are only Captains not moral preachers... you and i could back every big fish(again a good thing) we get but others might want to keep em and shouldnt feel like they are doing some wrong if withing the limits!

no waste is the most importatnt thing and thats how i educate customers letting them know that 1 big fish is a lot of meat and some will only keep one or none... Some keep 2 and there is nothing wrong with that either...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:33:15 PM by Capt -Jerry P »

Offline striperken

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 08:44:22 AM »
Bring back the slot limit.  The 1 slot and 1 over 28" was a good thing.  Or maybe have a high end limit too...

Offline TommyTank

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 10:17:44 AM »
Capt John
Just joined the site today - looking forward to our trip November 15. If it's not Stripers I'm sure it will be something else in he boat.

We always enjoy our charters with you!

Tommy T

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
Way to go Jerry. chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Cappyjoe08527

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 11:39:17 PM »
 t^
Ya gotta hook em' to cook em':)

E Z LIVIN'

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-