Author Topic: Sandy Hook beach Access  (Read 1664 times)

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
Sandy Hook beach Access
« on: October 27, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
Alright so im going to surf fish (sandy hook area)

wife wants to drive on the beach since it will be easier with the dogs...do these places need permits to fish overnight? and can you bring a small charcoal grill?

thanks again guys any extra info you know about a good beach is more than appreciated and let me know if you want to tag along later this weeks
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:59:38 PM by Hotrod »
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Sandy Hook beach Access
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »
Not sure about SH any more as my home area is IBSP and around this area.You can get separate beach buggie passes for the Brick beaches as well as Lavellette Ortley, SSH, SSP and IBSP.

The only beach that will allow you to grill or have a fire on most of the beach (there are some restricted areas) is IBSP.  For all these areas you will need a permit and the most expensive would be IBSP at $195 for the season to drive on.  The others vary in price but are substantially cheaper.  For all beaches you will be required to carry emergency equipment like a shovel, FA kit, chain or snatch strap plus other stuff.

But once you get everything on the list you are good to go on any beach with the assurance that if just about anything happens you will be able to get out or be able to take care of cuts and other minor first aid happenings.

It is not cheap at the start but everything is necessary.

I have been out on the beach for what seems all my life and believe me you will make use of everything eventually.

Good Luck on Friday.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Sandy Hook beach Access
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:06:32 PM »
Sandy Hook Beach Access

GATEWAY SANDY HOOK:
Dates of operation: The season runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and the times are from 7AM to 5 PM.
Permit fee: $50 Good for the year. Required for night fishing. Permit obtained from: The Ranger station. No cash, check or money order only.

Beach access points: None.

Parking lots available at: Fee parking at all parking lots except lot F; also known as South Beach. The fee at Sandy Hook is $4 on weekdays and $5 on weekends (per car in season)

Special comments: More information can be obtained at the Ranger Station (732) 872-5900.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-