Author Topic: 10/26 & 10/27 Seaside area surf report  (Read 2332 times)

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
10/26 & 10/27 Seaside area surf report
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »
Got out for the outgoing evening today Monday around dusk.  First two casts produced hookups.  First one spit the hook and shredded the leader halfway in.  Second one came undone right at my feet...keeper size bass.   Then things slowed down and the only other hit was my new "personal best"  nts skate.  The thing was the size of a manhole cover.  Called it a night.

Back out this morning in snotty conditions.  Hit a couple spots from Ortley to IBSP.  Again, a hookup, good fight and comes undone 20ft away.    Few minutes later good hit, hookup, good fight and right at my feet again a good size blue bites thru the leader. 
Moved spots and had one hard hit and run off, strong fish....braid snaps 

So I hit the shop on the way home and loaded up on new and heavier supplies.  Tomorrow will be rig tying day at work.

If anyone lands a couple fish dragging 6 or 8 oz sinkers....can I have my lead back?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:45:53 PM by Eng5Lt »

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
Re: 10/26 & 10/27 Seaside area surf report
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »
Damn Chris!  Way too many headbangers for one trip!  At least we know they're biting!  Maybe a little too hard!   t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: 10/26 & 10/27 Seaside area surf report
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »

Yes the fish are here and they are biting.  It's not all out action yet, but steady action.  Better in some areas than others.  Bunker seemed to get more hits for me over clams or mullet, but all three baits were getting hits.

As a public safety notice.  If you're going to Ortely, there's a lot of storm damage.  Be careful getting on and off the boardwalk.  Some of the stairways are missing steps.  The Surf Club lost like 1/2 of their outdoor deck.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:46:34 PM by Eng5Lt »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-