Author Topic: Wed. bass and tog  (Read 1478 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Wed. bass and tog
« on: November 19, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »
Left the slip at 6:30 am and got around the hook to a real nasty sea. But there were birds working so we headed out into it. We did ok jigging bass and even trolled a keeper on a stretch 25. Switched over to trolling tube umbrellas and that also produced real well. After 4 bass in the box with a lot of throw backs we headed to the reef for my first time togging. Lots of boats and someone on the only numbers we had we found some structure and anchored up. After a few hours of this I was ready to kill someone. A very frustrating time trying to catch these fish. We boated one keeper 2 shorts. I caught none of them. We were using greenies. Have no idea how many sinkers I added to the reef but my boat is a lot lighter. LOL. We finally pulled anchor when the largest group of birds of the day got to just within casting range and we finished the day catching 10-12 lb super powered demons. Lots of them and no bass under them that we could get to bite a lure that actually made it down there. 
    A really rough day on the water but the fishing was worth it  but for thase damn tog.  I will be back for them though. I can see the addiction.
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Re: Wed. bass and tog
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 06:50:40 PM »
Welcome to the nuthouse.  Nice job on the bass t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »
Nice job on the bass and blues.

Fishing for tog it  nts. Always fun to watch grown men stomping their feet and cussing at the fish they miss.  ;D But that is what keeps us coming back.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »
 t^

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:12:31 PM »
Nice report Keith....glad i missed that trip....I have enough frustation in my life right now! ....have to get this motherinlaw back to Wisconsin!  ;D   chrz
Freedom 3

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
nice going on the Bass t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-