Author Topic: Out of Manasquan for Bass 11/21  (Read 1463 times)

Offline superfitz

• Full Member of the Den
Out of Manasquan for Bass 11/21
« on: November 21, 2009, 05:48:43 PM »
Headed SE out of the Manasquan Inlet today about 8am. Air was brisk but seas were less than expected. Overall a pretty calm day and by time we headed in about 1, the ocean looked as calm as I see her.

Brought half a dozen eels and a dozen clams. Drifted around the Axel Carlson reef area and got nothing but dogfish. And it was A LOT of dogfish. Constant action, first they sucked down all of our eels, then gobbled up all of our clams before we had to head in. I tried multiple spots, but it was dogfish after dogfish.

Any ideas on how to find the stripers when that's happening? I'm heading out tomorrow for the last time this season with the same ammo and would love to bring one last one in.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Out of Manasquan for Bass 11/21
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:53:28 PM »
Head north. Bring heavy jigs (Ava 47's and 67's). No need to buy bait.  t^

The bass and blues were all over straight out from Shark River inlet, about 1-2 miles. There had to be over a hundred boats out there by 8 this morning. I never saw that many boats stacked up in one spot all summer. As always, several boats had to motor thru the fleet at a fast pace.  nosmly
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pool Winner!!

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
I agree with the Irishman... I would start at the old spring lake hotel/Essex and Sussex.. maybe a half mile off...

and jigs are it... drift should be sow enough to 47's... no tail, or green have been the shizzz..

or just follow the fleet.. it should be a big one tomorrow..

Offline superfitz

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »
Thanks for the info. That was fast. Jigging sounds good to me. See you out there.

Offline Ramtough

• The Hunt Is On!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »
Yea Joe ,was out in that fleet myself..Never seen so many boats in one area!!!! rgmn rgmn
23' Sea Hunt w/aCuddy Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
Based At Neptune Marina in Shark River,NJ

Offline superfitz

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 06:37:49 PM »
Going off topic a bit, but were you guys near the Jamaican Princess that was taking on the water? I watched the USCG copter fly over and heard the radio chatter about it.

I'll be out in the light blue 25' CC Tidewater tomorrow if you want to wave over.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
When that call went out I was anchored up near the Red Church, about three miles north of them. The boat that was taking on water was the Erin Elizabeth (I believe that was the name). They were off of Asbury Park. A lot of boats in the area at the time. The CG was able to pump the boat out and tow it in. There were no injuries.

I heard several boats standing by with the boat prior to the CG arrival. Great job by all.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-