Author Topic: Shay Shay's Bass-a-matic 11/22  (Read 4239 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Shay Shay's Bass-a-matic 11/22
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »
Brother Jay (aka Shay Shay), Capt Don Jr, Kooz and I got an early start before first light to beat the traffic.  Rounded the tip to fairly nice seas.  Wind blowing 10 from the N.  Slivers of sunlight illuminated the way to the scene of our 2 hr crime spree during thursdays honk.  The boyz were stoked.  Immediately walls of birds towered into the sky appearing to be NYC skyline if your bearings weren't oriented properly.   No.  They really were that many birds!   o@ Only a handful of boats had the same game plan sketched for the early arrival.   

Motored toward the comotion and shut down with enough momentum to put us within range.  The sounder light up again.  Sand eels thick on the bottom with boomerang shaped torpedoes doing death patrol.  Awesome sight!  Gets me jazzed thinking about and I just got in.  Shay Shay insisted on working the bunker colored storm paddle shad he had success on during his last outing even though balance of us thought we had these fish figured out.  We were jiggin diamonds, ava and deadly dicks.   First cast and bro has his trout fishing technique executed without a flaw.  He hooks up right away.  Fish makes it to the boat but it's a rat but a rat with stripes none the less.  Not worth measuring.  Swim off and find your daddy! 

I'm next at bat with the light tackle.  This one is bending TIKKI pretty good.  Nice runs here and there.  Line is peeling. Drag doing it's job.  Don breaks out the net and hoists the first boxer measuring 33".  We're feeling like it is going to be an in and out day with the quick strikes.   Kooz is working metal and jiggin like a pro.  He's providing the entertainment today (and every day when your with him) telling stories of the lady who had her face ripped off by the chimp because of a Tickle-me-Elmo.  This thing was supposed to be a present to the chimp.  He says the drugs that chimp was doing was enough to make Timothy Leary look like an amatuer.  "If you had an Elmo doll stuffed in your face while halucinating you bight someone's hands and face off too!"   hhppy  Sorry for digressing.... but Kooz had us laughing from the minute we picked him up.  Don is working his stuff with a Nordic eel. Funny sidebar..... He made a best friend with Jimmy down at Julians.  Jimmy hasn't had anyone ask for a Nordic eel for about two decades.  Donnie was treated like a celebrity because of his request.  Jimmy had customers waiting at the check line while he fixed one up for Don.  The guy was beside himself that Donnie actually knew what one was.  I don't think anyone on the boat knew what it was until he brought on board.  Looks like a friggin sand eel with a weighted head.  Looked damn inviting.

Just as quick as the action started, the son of a guns decided to have lock jaw.  We moved out of our spot.  No secrets here...  middle of the channels, 28-30ft of water 3/4 - 1 mile south of the candlesticks on nearer side to sandy hook channel.  The reality is.... there's fish every where.  If you throw a rock your going to hit one in the head but getting them to impale them selves on a razor sharp hook with some metal or plastic attached is another story. 

Wind started to kick up.   nosmly  We were thinking it was over.  Headed a little further south toward working birds and toward the beach somewhat.  Bird life, marks and no takers.  We noodled around a bit killing some time.  Assessing next move.  Heck.  Get back on those marks.  And we did.  The challenge was just staying with the bait.  The fish were there too.  Donnie began swinging at them.  Blue fish showed their interest.  Kooz was still working, had some bumps but no returns.  Shay Shay is knockin on the cooler door after his second short and put a 28.5" in the coleman coffin.  Redrifting this run was the ticket and we stayed on these marks the rest of the morning.  At the end of it all, not a banner but we managed to scratch a catch...  We went 3 (keep bass) , 7 (short bass) and 3 bluefish (2 we kept, 1 returned).   Jay with the high hook on the bass 5 of the 10. I guess takin that 10 yr hiatus didn't hurt you a bit.  Nice job brother t^  Donnie, Kooz.... great day as usual.  Next trip TOG

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
Re: Shay Shay's Bass-a-matic 11/22
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
great report and excellent day!!!! t^
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline chawk999

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »
Shay Shay you feelin the bottom?   ??? Kooz your a on board one man show rofla.Jeff you alway's find a way to put a tent over the circus clp   Thanks guys
MJ

Offline Tbone

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »
pilot, I've been waiting all day to read your post and you did not fail me. Great report and I really wanted to be out with you guys.  Good job Shay-Shay with the keeper bass.  Kooz, where do come up with this stuff? ???  How we have at least one trip left in 2009. chrz  T-Bone

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:33:40 PM »
Awesome report to what sound like an awesome day.  Nice work all.  t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »
T,

Get your Blackie gear ready.  I'm looking at Friday if it all holds together.  

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »
 clp  Wat to go!  t^  <'(((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Capt. Don Sr

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 08:11:55 PM »
Capt Z,nice report  t^ just like T-BONE i was waiting for your fishing report good job telling fish stories with those charecters you take on board. as usual i know you all had a good time aboard the Z OBSSESION . rofla  SUBS AND SUDS  chrz TIGHT LINES CAPT DON SR

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »
Way To Go Guys!!!! Nice Fish!!!

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »
nice catch ya got there

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline shayshay

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 09:17:07 AM »
Bro - what a day with you and boyz on the Z'Obsession. Lot's of laughs and just a blast being out on the water again. It's nice to feel "the bottom"! I think my 10 yr. jinx is over. Remind me never to sell my fish - for those on-board.  rofla

Offline shayshay

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 10:51:06 AM »
I did forget to mention one thing - Thanks Capt Don Jr. for the personalized fishing pole "Shay Shay".

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 11:06:05 AM »
Pilot great report and pics  t^ always enjoy reading your reports t^    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline nickmo

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 03:49:38 PM »
 TT^
26 Regulator

Offline NJHEMIRT

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 02:49:02 PM »
Great report.....sounds like a blast!  You paint a great scene while telling the tale... chrz
Thanks Dad for taking me fishing as a kid!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-