Author Topic: Spearfish 11/21-22 Surf and Turf  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Spearfish

Spearfish 11/21-22 Surf and Turf
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:27 AM »
I haven't reported in a while due to being extremely with youth hockey and hunting.  I actually haven't even fished since fluke season, but that could change now.

Started the weekend in the woods of Sussex Cty. with my son for the Youth Day shotgun hunt.  The hunt was over at 7:00 am after one shot on a nice little 5 pointer and he had his 1st deer.

I got invited to go out on a friends boat yesterday and jumped at the chance.  We headed out to troll some umbrella rigs out near Ambrose.  I think most everyone else fishing was out there too, but there were plenty of fish.  We put 4 keeper bass to about 20# in the box and released 10 more.  There was about a 2 hour period where as soon as the rig was back on the mark a fish was on.  I actually hooked the largest bass reeling in to keep from tangling with another fish on the other rod.  I forgot how much work trolling is, but the sore arms were worth the fresh fish dinner last night.
Good Luck

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
Re: Spearfish 11/21-22 Surf and Turf
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:57:09 AM »
Fine report on an awesome weekend  TT^ Way to drop the elbow on them fishes, and a BIG congrats to little Spear on his 1st BUCK!!! Nicely done guys  chrz

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:13:48 AM »
Nice Job t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:45:08 PM »
 whs w00t w00t
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-