Author Topic: Capt.Ron/Fishermen/SSFFF Meeting Last night...  (Read 971 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
Capt.Ron/Fishermen/SSFFF Meeting Last night...
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »
My initial thoughts of last nights meeting after seeing the lack of PROFESSIONAL people was "What the hell am I doing here". What is this board doing here? What are we about?
3 Pro's from Atlantic Highlands, Myself, Capt.Tom from the Atlantic Star and Pete from Atlantic Highlands Bait and Tackle....sorry, Jeff, from the Angler. No Charter guys from my port??
Was it no-one knew about the meeting, especially after it's been on this sight for weeks, it's been in the AB PP, The Fisherman Mag, the Ledger or does everyone just not give a crap?
If that's the case PLEASE LET ME know, I'd much rather sit on my fat ass watching T.V. having cocktails with my wife than running around this state begging for people to support us so we ALL can have a future Fishing!!!
After listening to Tony and especially Adam ( who I thought was this quite guy) speak, I felt proud to be a part of what's going on...Adam didn't miss a beat, he had the numbers the facts and didn't need a Que card. When asked a question, the answer was spontaneous and on point. Talk about passion!!
I felt proud to be sitting there and yet still feeling I should be doing more!!

Capt. Bill Burge, when you mentioned Anarchy I wanted to say "I am the boards "Anarchist" were just hoping it doesn't have to go that far, but trust me I am ready and have added you to list of J.B Kasper and Capt. Ralph Lehr as guys I can go to war with!!!!

While the rest sit home and bitch, we still continue on. Maybe it's self pride, or anger that something so personal is being taken away, but as my buddy Ron said (and he keeps me on course) If you quit, "THEY WIN". Thanks Ron, you make me a Stronger man!! I'll hang in for the greater good...I just hope you all do too.....Capt.ron

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Capt.Ron/Fishermen/SSFFF Meeting Last night...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »
Very well said Capt Ron. The people from SSFFF, RFA and any other group can not do this alone. We all need to support the fight if we want to continue to have our right to fish.

It takes more than the committment of a few to get the job done. We must all band together, donate what you can, if even a dollar or two, it all adds up. Attend meetings, get informed, let them know that you care. The bigger the turnout for these meetings, the more we can make the people who do the regulating squirm and eventually they will have to listen to reason. Remember, power in numbers.

The information presented at last nights meeting showed that given the proper data things can change. It happened last year with the fluke season. Although not great, we at least had one. Without the effort of the SSFFF the season would have been a whole lot shorter than what we had. Thank you for your hard work.  slt

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Capt.Ron/Fishermen/SSFFF Meeting Last night...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »
All Very good points Capt.Ron

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-