Author Topic: ReelNauti- Tuesday  (Read 1651 times)

Offline reelnauti

• Sponsor
ReelNauti- Tuesday
« on: December 08, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
went to the "office" but unfortunately didnt have enough shoppers to make it out. am I the only one who hates when the "office" closes for the day....

anyway, headed over to the Nauti solo as everyone I know went blackfishing!

Headed south looking for life and saw birds way, way, way south and headed that way observing absolutely nothing on the way down. gannents were diving, but marking fish was tough and when i did, jigging produced nothing.

listened to the tuna chasers on the radio as I headed north thinking about trolling which i hate when I "discovered" BUNKER!! a 3 jetty long pod in 15-25' feet of water. rigged two set ups with snag hooks and drifting I went. was joined by two ultra cool guys in a center console and two young fellows who had limited out on the toggies.

had to work a bit to sit right snag and drift over productive pieces of the pod but soon had the reels clicking away with SLURPING BASS and, well Blues with enough razor sharp teeth to continually cut through 30lb floro. Fortunately having run out of snag rigs for that very reason in the past, I had enough snag hooks to keep me going!

2 BASS 40"+ and COUNTLESS run-offs was my score along with Blues that were kind enough not to tangle my net.

Best part of the day was drifting through the bunker and WATCHING and HEARING BASS "slurp" bunker off the surface!!

Phone battery died today so only 1 photo. Both bass had WHOLE bunker in their belly's and were looking for more.

Hopefully this mid week weather doesnt screw things up too much

On a business note:

the COCK ROBIN will NOT sail Wednesday or Thursday due to weather, but WILL sail again on FRIDAY!

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Re: ReelNauti- Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
Nice!  You can see the bunker busting that stripes gut.  Great shot.  Must have been awesome!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »
Nice day!

TT^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »
... Nice t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:43:15 AM »
Nice job Bill.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »
yum bunker
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-