Author Topic: End of year report  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Captain Dave Wittenborn

• Sponsor
    • Capt Daves Charters
End of year report
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:35:18 PM »
Happy New Year!!

It's been a while since I posted a report.  Things have been busy in a good way but I of course have managed to put in several fishing days in this fall.  Sandy Hook was very successful this year.  The fish showed up in full force around November 1st and I managed limit catches every time I went out.  The large cows were hard to come by with most of the fish around 30 inches which is good eating.  The largest bass I got this fall was 17lbs.

I made two side trips this fall.  The first trip I made was to New York City with the family in the boat.  I have spent my entire life boating around LBI and have never been in a boat in NY Harbor.  It was quite an experience and the ship traffic was incredible.  There was no wind but the seas were averaging around four feet with the large tankers and freighters barreling their way through.  We stopped in at Chelsey Piers and had lunch and then made our way over to Ellis Island and Liberty Island.  It was a great day and a nice new experience.

My second trip took me to Pine Cay in the Turks and Caicos where I fished with my good friend in a wahoo tournament.  Unfortunately, we caught the tail end of a late season hurricane and we were fishing in 8-12 foot seas.  The wave period was pretty spread out so it was not as bad as it seems but 12 footers are still pretty intimidating.  We did manage to put five wahoo in the box and tied for first place.  We still had a great time hanging on this beautiful private island drinking Presidente beer.

I will be attending the AC boat show this winter in February and will be working a few saltwater sportsman shows for the Beach Haven Charter Fishing Association.  There is a march on Washington in late February to protest the unreasonable fishing regulations which I will be attending and I encourage everyone else to attend.  There will be buses leaving from all over the state and I am sure if you visit some of the other fishing sites and check the paper there will be plenty of info.  I will update my site with additional info on the march as more info becomes available.

So hunker down for the winter and relax because the spring will be here soon and we will be back at it again.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: End of year report
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:35:21 PM »
 t^  See in Washington Capt Dave t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: End of year report
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »
Nice report and nice trips you got in. The first time you see the Lady when you come under the Varazanno is really an intense moment. You can just imagine how the LEGAL aliens felt when they saw her. Why oh why did we do away with that?!

Have a great off season. Will see you in DC.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-