Author Topic: Shark River  (Read 7495 times)

Offline double3fd

Shark River
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:36:57 AM »
hey, can anyone give me some info on shark river.  is the fishing good in that bay? ive never fished there, and i was looking for boat ramps.  i have a 19 footer, just wondering if its worth trailering down there or not.  anything, thoughts, words of wisdom, please share!!!!
-Angry Snapper- "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline sealife

Re: Shark River
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
There are three ramps.  One is in the Municipal Marina.  To use it you go to the bait shop (Fisherman's Den) and you buy 4 token.  One opens the gate to let you on the ramp, one to get back out and two for when you get back.  The 2nd one is across the bridge and you go to Mac's Bait and tackle to get the ramp key.  You need to leave a deposit which you get back when you turn in the key.  If you get back late there is a box for keys and you get your deposit back on your next trip.  I like this ramp better than thee municipal because it has more pitch and two floating docks.  Teh municipal you have to climb the concrete wall to get in or out of the boat.  The current on the one by Macs can be tough when you return.  There is a third ramp in Shark River Hills but I do not know much about it.  It is a short ride to the ocean from either ramp and generally SR is an easy inlet to navigate.  The river does provide pretty good fluke fishing and crabbing.  It used to be a hot spot for winter flounder in the Spring.  Hope that helps.

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:01:05 PM »
Better on weekdays as the ramps are tough to deal with  any crowds. Fishing wise.,inside has always been good for everything in season. outside you're close to some good structure so a short ride on a good day.  ;D

Offline mchizhik

• Sponsor
    • Baitbagz.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »
Use the ramp near headliner bar, concourse rd.  Google Bry's marina, and you should see it. high pitched, so high tide is easiest. 4 min to ocean t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 07:37:53 AM »
Use the ramp near headliner bar, concourse rd.  Google Bry's marina, and you should see it. high pitched, so high tide is easiest. 4 min to ocean t^

That is the same ramp that Sealife described. Bry's is the actual owner of the ramp but Mac's does the logistics of using the ramp.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »
Just a heads up with this ramp, be very careful at low tide. The ramp is elevated and dumps into deep water . The water is very deep . Chock the wheels when launhing and retrieving.  Seen a car go all the way down there !!!! It happens all the time too ! Best to have someone to spot with you .

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-