Author Topic: Spearfish 5/6 Blues/bass  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Spearfish

Spearfish 5/6 Blues/bass
« on: May 07, 2010, 07:40:36 AM »
Finally had a free night and had to go.  I met up with a friend and we headed out.  With no bait we planned on trolling or throwing some shads.  On the way out we found a jet ski floating in the river between Rt. 35 the train bridge at Perth Amboy.  I called the Coast Guard to let them know and moved along.  It was a green and black Bombardier if anyone is missing one.  The wind was honking so I knew we weren't going too far.  We set up on troll and had fish on almost immediately.  Bluefish.  Trolled around until dark with only bluefish caught and then we decided to throw some shads around some structure.  After several short bites and bite offs but no fish, we put on the steel leaders and decided to slow troll our way in.  We hit a bass after about a minute, then some more blues and then another short bass.  Total was over a dozen blues and 2 bass, 1 keeper.  We even caught 2 blues on one trolled stretch plug.
Good Luck

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Spearfish 5/6 Blues/bass
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:09:42 AM »
nice effort with fish to show for it! That wind was whippin'

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Spearfish 5/6 Blues/bass
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:06:48 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-