Author Topic: Question about wobble rollers  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Question about wobble rollers
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:33:24 PM »
I'm looking to change my rollers on my trailer.  I currently have these on mine, however they're definitely a bit used and it's a bit of a pain to get the boat off the trailer because they are old and cracked: 

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=444343&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10116&subdeptNum=10768&classNum=10770

I was looking at the thermoplasticized wobble rollers and wondering if there was any disadvantage.  The current, all black, rubber rollers on my trailer are starting to crack, which is what makes it a little tough to roll my boat off.  It goes on like a charm, but coming off is tough if I try to go out alone.  With a buddy I usually just float the boat like a bunk trailer.  It seems the plasticized rollers would last longer, I just wondered if their was a downside to them, such as more wear to the hull during trailering.  Thanks  chrz

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=444340&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10116&subdeptNum=10768&classNum=10770
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Duffman

Re: Question about wobble rollers
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:34 PM »
Worth it IMO.   Last longer and wont mark the hull.

As far as wear and tear on the hull, if your tieing down properly before hitting the road, the boat shouldnt move at all on the trailer.  Regardless of what rollers you use, or bunks for that matter, no boat movement means no hull wear.
   Strap it down right.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »
Worth it IMO.   Last longer and wont mark the hull.

As far as wear and tear on the hull, if your tieing down properly before hitting the road, the boat shouldnt move at all on the trailer.  Regardless of what rollers you use, or bunks for that matter, no boat movement means no hull wear.
   Strap it down right.

Always strap her down right.  Just wondered if the harder, plasticed rollers might be a bit rougher on the ull since they're harder.  Thanks for the input! t^

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:52:28 AM »

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »
I switched my old black rollers to the PVC wobbles on my loadrite trailer last year. It's worth it.  Make sure you get the correct Hog Nose clips for you trailer.  The one in the kit were to small.  Eastern Marine has good prices.

Phil

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=5598&categoryID=200

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »
Whoa, thanks for the links!  That's ALOT cheaper.   t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-