Author Topic: 05/15 Sea Hunter Report  (Read 877 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
05/15 Sea Hunter Report
« on: May 15, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »
Before I get to the report just want to once again say thanks to Capt. Robbie for staying out an extra 60+ minutes. Even though he had out some fish in the boat the extra time time made the difference between a so-so day to an above average one.

Nice sized crowd aboard today. Initial game plan was to head over to the Rockaways but on the way out we made a hard right and headed for some working birds over by Scotland. Made a few drifts but nothing to show for our efforts. Turned back to the northeast and steamed over to the Rockaways. Very slow pick at best. By 12:45 there were perhaps just 8 bass on ice. Up to this point best I could I say was doing was that I had several follows but no strikes with Jason doing about the same.

Got some intel of fish being caught by the Highlands Bridge, so off we went. Two bounces off the bottom on my first drop here I connect with a respectable #14.5 bass. Action was a little better here but nothing earth shattering. Moved back to the north to fish some patches of working birds. This is where we encountered out best action of the day albeit with bluefish in the #6-9 class. Most everyone caught a few fish here. My last fish of the day turned out to be a very nice #19.6 pooling bass.

All my fish as well as Jason's feel for a hammered silver 047 sized jig. Some of the earlier fish fell for a gold hammered jig. Rest all fell for 047's. Nothing some shads today. Perhaps 15 keeper bass in addition to a good amount of bluefish and 1 keeper cod.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 05/15 Sea Hunter Report
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 10:04:06 PM »
Nice catch Skolmann. Judos to the captain for staying the extra time.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-