Author Topic: Tog Fishing : Good Temperature and Depth  (Read 12910 times)

Offline markc

• Full Member of the Den
Tog Fishing : Good Temperature and Depth
« on: January 11, 2010, 02:17:03 PM »
i guess this would be the place to ask this,   what water depth are you guys tog fishing in this time of year?  i am obviously new to toggin but definitely not new to offshore bottom fishing, so finding structure should be no problem, just need to know what depth is productive right now.  do you target wrecks or rocks more?

thanks
mark
There is no bad weather just bad clothes!!

Offline Noworries2009

Re: Tog Fishing : Good Temperature and Depth
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »
Will be going this week and fishing deeper water because of near 40 degree water temps. I will be fishing on a charter trip. Areas like 17 fathoms and the Farms have been productive lately and have depths of nearly 100'. Not sure where we're going to fish but will post a report after the trip.  ;D

Offline wellsATS

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »
hey guys im new to the forum and blackfishing in general....is it safe to say i should stay away from blackfishing in the summer?? 

i used to go to manasquan inlet(just for fluke)  but that place kinda sucks haha!

wanted to get into blackfishing.  ive got all that i need tacklewise and whatnot. but not sure where to go.  ive been going to the jetty down at barnegat lighthouse.  i usually walk all the way out to the tip.  i usually catch little snappers, maybe a shortie sea bass or two but thats about it.  any advice on other places to go?  i enjoy jetty fishing and surf fishing but dont quite have the outfit for true surf fishing.  any tips would help.  thanks a lot!

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »
If you're familiar with the Point Pleasant canal this can worth while as soon as the season opens after mid- July. Not sure of the exact date maybe 15 or 16.A little less crazy than the inlet.Poke around there are plenty of good spots.  ;D

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »
Tog season opens back up on July 16th. However, you can only keep one fish. Size limit is still 14 inches. Bag limit will go back up to six fish on November 16th.

Best of luck if you go.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-