Author Topic: Reel Class Saturday 5/22 Bass - Another Banner Day!!!  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
Reel Class Saturday 5/22 Bass - Another Banner Day!!!
« on: May 22, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
Had the Pete Schussler charter aboard from PA. The guys had to drive 2 hrs. + to get to Point Pleasant so we got off to a bit of a late start pulling out of Clark's at 7. Before today, none of them had ever livelined or caught a bass over 20#. That was going to change in a hurry  ;D

Got bait real quick right outside, then went off into the deep to find some fish. Found a little life off Sea Girt where we had a couple of run-offs, but that was it. We also found a little life about an hour later off Spring Lake, with a couple more swings and misses. I then got a couple of calls from guys to our north who were into a bit of a bite up the beach. We were on the low side with livies so Capt Alan brought us about 20 fresh ones and we headed north (thanks again man!)

We finally got into some fish up in the Bradley - Allenhurst stretch right in the pods, and we finally started getting some meat in the box. At this point it was already noon time.

We followed this pod which was LOADED with bass all the way up to almost Long Branch. Every drift, we'd have several runoffs with plenty of fish making it to the boat - the bite was VERY GOOD and at times it was stupid fishing. But, with all the boat traffic the bunker kept coming up and down so the fish were at times tough to catch. Even with all the boats, MOST guys were respectful and used as much caution and ettiquette as possible!! With all that said, we actually had some awesome surface strikes with big bass coming up and slamming the bunker right on top!

At one point I was snagging bunker and got drilled by a fish on the retrieve. None of the guys wanted the fish so I brought her to the boat, she was 45"/36#.

We left them biting at 245 - the action was still real good... The guys kept their 10, most fish were in the 20-30# range, with a couple over 30# topped the one 36#. Another EXCELLENT day this spring - these guys were a trip and kept Kenny and I laughing all day long  t^

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: Reel Class Saturday 5/22 Bass - Another Banner Day!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 09:15:35 PM »
Nice to see everyone had a great day today keep
it going as long at it lasts or until that oil
reaches us then were in trouble  nosmly
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:51:02 PM by Uncle Luna »
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »
keep it going,great catch t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »
nice report. Thanks TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:46:53 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 10:30:47 PM »
Great job!

TT^

Offline blynch

• Regulator 23FS "Say When"
GOT UM'
Regulator 23 "Say When"
Check out my video reprorts and other useful info on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV5WhrcFHzPsIpcTkCmksWg?feature=watch

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-