Author Topic: Fishguts Charters Barnegat report 5/24  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts Charters Barnegat report 5/24
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:30:16 PM »
 Whooooooo hooooooooo after a long off season its good to have some first hand reports. Its been a pleasure reading all the awesome reports from many of the fine captains on the site. I splashed on Friday and it did not take long to get the boat dirty with bluefish blood. Worked a few areas from Seaside all the way down to OC. I now have enough bait for the crab pots for the next few weeks. ;D Today with the forcast I planned a nice late start (10am)and to stay in the bay but had a fresh bushel of clams just in case the ocean laid down a bit. I really don't know how I ever fished the bay without radar. Peasoup fog until 12 noon. Well when the fog lifted I poked out the inlet and saw that the seas were fishable. North wind and S/E swell made for some slop  on the hook but not bad riding. I figured I would just check out some spots to see what kind of life was around. Plenty on most and it should only get better in the next week or two. The searching turned into catching and I will have to scout another day as I could not leave this drop.  1.5 to 1 shorts/ keepers with plenty over 16"..... Well, just about time to go to back work ;D. A few more fun/searching trips  then its time to introduce all local seabass to the inside of my cooler. Really looking to get Mr Wreckfish out for a banner day of Inshore seabassin.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Fishguts Charters Barnegat report 5/24
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »
Great start Capt. Birch.  May you have a fun and successful season t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
Great job!  Have a great season.

TT^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 10:45:06 PM »
After a long layoff you didn't miss a beat.  Nice catch!  Good luck this season! t^

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »
Get all the spots lined you for our Jun 4th trip. Can't wait.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-