Author Topic: Why is everything so quite  (Read 2092 times)

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
Why is everything so quite
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
Why is this forum so quite?  Is there no one surf casting?  It seems like I was the only one to post anything in here at all latly.  Wake up... Anyone been fishing around the inlet latly with any luck or in Point/Manusquan for that matter?

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Why is everything so quite
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
I stay away from the beach on weekends all during the summer months.  I refuse to put up with yahoos that could give a damn about the other guy fishing along side.  The past few years all I did on weekends is either argue with people parking so close you can hear their whole conversation or either pulling people out of the sand.

No thanks, it is not worth it.  Let someone else do the arguing and bust their backs for not even a thank you. 

My fishing is done either very early during the week like tomorrow I will be up at 4 to meet up with my Uncle to fish the Manasquan Inlet for a few hours and home before noon, or at night when most of the fishing will be for sharks, or stripers.

I did well on the blues this year but slow on the stripers.  I do get out but I do not post like I use to.  If it is something worth while then I post.  If I have a technique that people seem to enjoy learning about I will put up a small article.

But this year, the stock of people coming down have gotten to me.  I guess they all watch that show and think they can get away with being arrogant.  I get my head handed to me when I mention out of towner's but it tis the season.  My family has owned a house here since 1961 and we have been coming down to friends since 1955.  I have lived here in Toms River permanently since I graduated HS in 1966.  I have to say that this year is the pits.

Sorry for ranting but you asked...

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »
 clp, i love rants.... exspecially when it isnt me  ;D.  For real Paul, I actually welcome what you just said.  being ONLY 30, but lived at the shore all my life (born in brick, bought my grandparents house in point that my dad grew up in from 1959 on) I can agree with everything you said.  It has gotten nothing but worse over the past few years and I actually welcome the winter alot becuase it is only locals around here, but I cant fish then  :'(.  Godd for a drink or two at the bar  ;).  But I tried getting out the past two weekends and it was nothing but HORRIBLE.  Even at 6-7 am, no parking in down town point beach.... all out of state plates, and dont even get me started on all the garbage all over the place.  I really hope things turn around and soon.  If not then I may be taking up another hobby.  But please dont feel like your rants fall on def ears, because they dont.  At least this "young whiper snapper" is listening.  chrz

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
Hi Brian, read my post in the IBSP section and you will understand a little more about fishing during the week.  It was great to get out with the posse again.  When we are all together we can take over the entire inlet, pretty cool and ZI think the youngest guy is in his 50's.

So if you get out onto IBSP and head down to the pocket look for a maroon Expedition with NJSWF stickers on it and stop by and say hi.  If the guys are around I will introduce some of them to ya.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 03:56:17 PM »
Our last 4 or 5 trips weren't worth writing about.  So far this year it's been the wife doing the fishing. 
I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow morning.  And if things pick up a little, I'll be out 2-3 times a week from here on. 
But same story with the weekends.  It's not worth the hassle of dealing with the crowds around here.
Come on Oct./Nov. ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-